Would you like a Cigar?

The La Duena, by My Father.

A tasty morsel while BBQ'ing.
IMG_20220205_184720675.jpg

That’s a great smoke.

I gave up all tobacco in 1998. I worried that it would take away a piece of the pleasure that I got from hunting, and reading about hunting, or writing about hunting but...it never did. Matter of fact, not having these outside things to focus on has heightened the enjoyment I get from all things hunting.

So I am confused @Rubberhead. I get you gave up tobacco, but you miss it or glad you did it. I just missed the last part whether you lament the decision, or glad you did it. Regardless, to each his own. I find my cigars only enhance my enjoyment of all things outdoors. Glad to have ya post.

So I am confused @Rubberhead. I get you gave up tobacco, but you miss it or glad you did it. I just missed the last part whether you lament the decision, or glad you did it. Regardless, to each his own. I find my cigars only enhance my enjoyment of all things outdoors. Glad to have ya post.

I was trying to say that giving up tobacco did not, in any way, shape or form, diminish the enjoyment I get from hunting.

I do, however, miss the folks that used tobacco including Spencer Edwards, Willis Rahn, Steve Cooper, Tuffy Edwards, and Eddie Mahan. Most on AH will not recognize those names but I miss, too, some more recognizable names including Eddie Van Halen, Neil Peart and Rush Limbaugh. We all have our own personal lists of such names.

I get that cigars are "different" and I try to not lecture anyone on anything but I have been personally hurt losing folks that used tobacco and I am an unapologetic anti-tobacco evangelist.

I considered, at first, that my response might be a hijacking of someone else's thread and considered just not responding but I came back to it realizing that it's not a hijacking at all just a difference of opinion on the OP's topic which is the purpose of starting a thread anyway.

I was trying to say that giving up tobacco did not, in any way, shape or form, diminish the enjoyment I get from hunting.

I do, however, miss the folks that used tobacco including Spencer Edwards, Willis Rahn, Steve Cooper, Tuffy Edwards, and Eddie Mahan. Most on AH will not recognize those names but I miss, too, some more recognizable names including Eddie Van Halen, Neil Peart and Rush Limbaugh. We all have our own personal lists of such names.

I get that cigars are "different" and I try to not lecture anyone on anything but I have been personally hurt losing folks that used tobacco and I am an unapologetic anti-tobacco evangelist.

I considered, at first, that my response might be a hijacking of someone else's thread and considered just not responding but I came back to it realizing that it's not a hijacking at all just a difference of opinion on the OP's topic which is the purpose of starting a thread anyway.

Oh, I fully understand where you are coming from. Like I said, to each his own. I share the fact that friends have been lost to cancer and tobacco usage. But I also subscribe to the theory that as adults, we each weigh our life’s choices, life risk, whether driving, smoking cigars, or eating too much. I personally don’t mind the post. If my wife were to post here, she would make your opinions look tame. Kudos for giving up the tobacco. Maybe some day for me, just not any time soon.

I can actually say that I have not had a bad cigar by AJ Fernandez. Seems like if his name is on a cigar, it will be good. (y)

This should be a great smoke, purchased in 1999 :) Cuban Romeo Y Juliets, Coronitas en Cedro

9B076EE9-8CA7-4C67-A538-74FB4F0D4830.jpeg

I can actually say that I have not had a bad cigar by AJ Fernandez. Seems like if his name is on a cigar, it will be good. (y)
I like most AJ blends. Some of the Diesel, and Man O War blends are too over the top spicy for my taste.

This should be a great smoke, purchased in 1999 :) Cuban Romeo Y Juliets, Coronitas en Cedro

View attachment 451502
Aged 23 years? That should be a mighty fine smoke. Cigars in my humidor always die a quick death. They last 2-3 months at the most. LOL

Aged 23 years? That should be a mighty fine smoke. Cigars in my humidor always die a quick death. They last 2-3 months at the most. LOL

This cigar was a gift by a member on this forum the day I retired from the military. I found it on the bottom of my fridge humidor, oops. This cigar was delicious, burned great, excellent flavors of coffee & nut Meg, a bit short at the end but still good. Burned my fingers with this little cigar :ROFLMAO:

BTW, my cigars never sit that log in a humidor either :ROFLMAO:

Here is something different for you gents, smoking a Perez Carrillo :)

29AFD428-839F-4938-A34E-E28A1D73A4C6.jpeg

Last edited:
This cigar was a gift by a member on this forum the day I retired from the military. I found it on the bottom of my fridge humidor, oops. This cigar was delicious, burned great, excellent flavors of coffee & nut Meg, a bit short at the end but still good. Burned my fingers with this little cigar :ROFLMAO:

BTW, my cigars never sit that log in a humidor either :ROFLMAO:

Better than finding a wadded up $20 in your hunt’n coat!!!

Better than finding a wadded up $20 in your hunt’n coat!!!

Oh, I’ve done that too. In my jean’s pocket, and went through the washing machine, so it was very clean :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh, I’ve done that too. In my jean’s pocket, and went through the washing machine, so it was very clean :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Still just a giddy feeling whether good cigar, money in coat, or money in washer. It takes so little to make me feel like I hit the lottery these days. Getting out my gear to go fishing in Costa Rica next week and found 2 cigars in my travel humidor from last year. My wife thought I stubbed my toe on the bed I yipped so loud with excitement at the windfall!

Very nice! What are you going after, Marlins, Sails, Rosters, Dog Snapper? Tell us more about this wonderful trip, and how many cigars you are planning on taking/smoking. :ROFLMAO:

Hello all, just wondering if there are any cigar smokers here on the forum. If so, let us know which is your favorite one!

I like to light a cigar usually in the late afternoon and enjoy last few hours of daylight reading. Most times its a safari hunting book, others might be a book on oil and gas law. When on a hunting trip, its at the end of the day after a great hunt. I enjoy several brands from Dominican to Nicaraguan. Mostly VegaFina, La Aurora, Oliva (serie "g"). I have tasted numerous brands, but these are the ones found in my humidor.
Punch 48 Cuban, Juan Lopez # 2 Cuban, Ramon Allones Especial Cuban, Non Cuban Dunhill Late Hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3chunter

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!