IMG_7779.jpeg
IMG_7777.jpeg
IMG_7776.jpeg
IMG_7774.jpeg
IMG_7772.jpeg
IMG_7771.jpeg
IMG_7778.jpeg
IMG_7775.jpeg
I was told this was a first year Sako and that it has no model number given to it because of this. It looks very clean. I would like to know something about this and also a possible price point. Thank you in advance for everyone’s help. I thought I could post a video but apparently only photos so these are screenshots.
IMG_7781.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7773.jpeg
    IMG_7773.jpeg
    924.1 KB · Views: 16
There is a Sako Collectors Club that may provide you with the best, or at least better, answers. You will need to register on it but it is free. I have found answers to my Sako questions there.

AH doesn't like us to put links to other forums so just Google "Sako Collectors" and it should be one of the first up.

"Sako High Power Mauser Sporting Rifle" made in the 1950's until about 1957, per the following Chuck Hawks article:

Interesting read, and a neat find. I wasn't personally familiar with them until this post. Appears to be very similar in construction to my FN 1952 in 270 Win., but no surprise there.

It is indeed a Sako High Power built on an FN action. Very nice rifles and that one appears to be in very nice shape. As to value it should be in the same ballpark as FNs of the same vintage unless you find a Sako collector willing to pay more. Certainly a better quality rifle than most of today's new rifles. Nice find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinpattigoldapk

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!