SOUTH AFRICA: KoringKoppie Hunting Safaris *Warning* Stay Away

You’re going to have a great hunt with the Duckworths. I’ve got a good friend who’s hunted with them 3x. They’re presently considering a trip to Mozambique to hunt with them there.
I can't wait....

I can't wait....
I hope Mr Whittall comes over for Tea an afternoon or two when you’re there. It happened for my buddy and he said hearing the stories that afternoon made the entire trip worth it. The buffalo was just icing on the cake.

I hope Mr Whittall comes over for Tea an afternoon or two when you’re there. It happened for my buddy and he said hearing the stories that afternoon made the entire trip worth it. The buffalo was just icing on the cake.
I am also praying that Barrie is still alive as I want to talk with him.

I didn’t take this negatively at all. If you only hunt one country, what is your basis for comparison to others? I have been blessed to hunt six African countries over the course of many safaris. However Tanzania and Uganda have eluded me. In my mind I feel that I may have missed the best, however I have no way to objectively compare them to the countries I have hunted. I therefore look to the advice of those who have hunted them in addition to countries I have hunted to provide an informed opinion.
Do the people that haven’t hunted Kuche or even SA in general give the same deference?

Things work both ways.

Do the people that haven’t hunted Kuche or even SA in general give the same deference?

Things work both ways.

I’m not sure I understand. I have hunted RSA so I have some limited basis of comparison.

I’m not sure I understand. I have hunted RSA so I have some limited basis of comparison.
It’s a straightforward point that you made. Those that have been on many safari’s have a wealth of information. However, they still have gaps when it comes to certain types of hunts and should freely admit that.

The point that was made that your message was in response to was that first time hunters almost have no information to give because they have nothing to compare to. You then said that you talk freely about things you have done, but limit your opinions when it comes to things you have not done. I was simply saying that it would be nice if people would give the same courtesy for all types of hunts, including auction hunts, or those in South Africa.

It’s a straightforward point that you made. Those that have been on many safari’s have a wealth of information. However, they still have gaps when it comes to certain types of hunts and should freely admit that.

The point that was made that your message was in response to was that first time hunters almost have no information to give because they have nothing to compare to. You then said that you talk freely about things you have done, but limit your opinions when it comes to things you have not done. I was simply saying that it would be nice if people would give the same courtesy for all types of hunts, including auction hunts, or those in South Africa.

Sorry, a little slow, still on my first cup of coffee.

No worries. My point not about you at all, just about the point you made.

The experience fallacy is real for all of us. We extrapolate our experience in one thing to another, often wrongly.

Hunting all over Africa gives great experience. What it does not do is give you total Insight into someone else’s hunt at an outfitter you have never been to.

Sorry, a little slow, still on my first cup of coffee.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knuckleball

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!