Woodleigh Bullets - Feedback for Production Requested

Very interested! How would that work? And what would the fees be?
Duty/Taxes are automatically calculated with the shipping software. Currently we're doing flat rate shipping of 30 USD which is a pretty good average of what it costs. In the case that someone orders something to some address truly out in the Canadian Wilderness, and the price is exceptionally high, we'll reach out to the customer and see if they want to pay the difference. We're hoping to roll out the beta version of this service in the next couple of days. The draft terms are already on our website:

Canada shipping

Reloading components such as unprimed brass and projectiles can be shipped to Canada in accordance with the export guidance listed in the US Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 15 (Commerce and Foreign Trade). Canadian customers are responsible for adhering to all applicable Canadian firearms related laws and regulations.

Per US Code Title 15, Canadian customers are limited to a maximum of 12 orders over the span of 12 consecutive months, with an individual order limit of 500 USD per order. Therefore, Canadian customers are limited to purchasing a maximum of 6,000 USD in commodity value per 12-month period of unprimed brass and projectiles. Taxes, customs, and duties are automatically calculated at checkout based on shipping destination.

A flat rate fee of 30 USD per shipment applies to all Canadian orders. If shipping costs are prohibitively high, Raven Rocks Precision reserves the right to cancel and refund the order or charge additional shipping fees with the customer’s approval.

--

I'll make a post when we go live. Someone got lucky the other day and someone snuck in an order while we were testing it out. We shipped it, so I'll check tracking soon to see how long it's taking to get there. I think they were near BC as well.

320 grain 9.3 soft points would be great.
250 grain .330 soft point for a 318 WR.
.366, .375, .410, .416 and .458 Hydro Solids.

Any word on 410 grain solids and softs in .416 caliber?

Any word on 410 grain solids and softs in .416 caliber?
My plan is to look at doing the first import after Geoff finished 338 cal. He's been busy working on getting bullets made. In the meantime we've got more brass coming in.

We should have a little more Norma 338 Win Mag Brass on Tuesday.

We should also have some norma 30 Cal Bondstrike bullets on Tuesday. This will be the first time, as far as I know, that these bullets are available as components in the US.

they probably got a copy of the secret service SOPs, as they almost operate at gov't speed....not many of us are counting on them any longer as there are Better, Cheaper and Quicker. What is they say about big business? There's the Quick and the Dead. If that retarded lil punk kid was counting on Woodleighs, Trump wouldn't have even been nicked! And, don't shoot the messenger. It's business, NOT personal.

they probably got a copy of the secret service SOPs, as they almost operate at gov't speed....not many of us are counting on them any longer as there are Better, Cheaper and Quicker. What is they say about big business? There's the Quick and the Dead. If that retarded lil punk kid was counting on Woodleighs, Trump wouldn't have even been nicked! And, don't shoot the messenger. It's business, NOT personal.
Cut the guy some slack ...Lost most of the business to a fire and rebuilding it in his 70's.

750 gr bullets in .585 for 577 nitro both solids and softs. The ones for full nitro velocities.
Also 400 gr .411 for 450-400
Really I’m sure there will be a lot of interest in all the popular nitro calibers 600,577,500,470,450,450-400 ect.
I know the market is not big in comparison to bolt action cartridges but at the moment anything in these will sell due to there no being much out.
I have RN solids in .583/585, but I thought members sorta disliked the RN?

idk if it matters in a 577. still curious (not much out there, as you stated)

Cut the guy some slack ...Lost most of the business to a fire and rebuilding it in his 70's.
For those of us that remember, even PRIOR to the fire, they were not being shipped regularly to the US. I'd get a box or two of .264 160s (100 ct not 50-have to give 'em credit for that) and then "POOF," they'd disappear for another year or so. I'd say their mfg (of a particular bullet) was irregular. Try to get the 375 or 416 good stuff for DG? Forget it. Buy American. Swift/Barnes works perfectly for DG, they're cheaper and in much greater supply. For all normal American calibers, there are just too many great longer range performers to list. 'Just stating the facts. Same reason you should ALL be voting trump. It just makes better sense at this juncture.

Well I can personally vouch for the .474 Hydro and would like to see it in stock. This one recovered from an elephant, the tip was found by axe.
IMG_3470.jpeg

I use Woodleigh .474 500gr SP & Hydros and get same point of impact with the same load in my .470ne

Well I can personally vouch for the .474 Hydro and would like to see it in stock. This one recovered from an elephant, the tip was found by axe.
View attachment 624012
I use Woodleigh .474 500gr SP & Hydros and get same point of impact with the same load in my .470ne
I use the Woodleigh SN and Hydros for the above reason and small groups and they work. Hydro's were not effected by the fire as made else where. You can always email Woodleigh to inquire if they could send Hydros.

I use the Woodleigh SN and Hydros for the above reason and small groups and they work. Hydro's were not affected by the fire as made else where. You can always email Woodleigh to inquire if they could send Hydros.

I did contact Woodleigh and they said I had to go through a dealer; had an OZ dealer ship some over but he no longer ships internationally.

So I’m glad to see @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION taking up the Woodleigh imports.

I did contact Woodleigh and they said I had to go through a dealer; had an OZ dealer ship some over but he no longer ships internationally.

So I’m glad to see @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION taking up the Woodleigh imports.
I did express myself poorly. Meant to say "ask if a distributor can get the Hydros". My apologies, for not thinking of the importation side of the equation clearly.

I did express myself poorly. Meant to say "ask if a distributor can get the Hydros". My apologies, for not thinking of the importation side of the equation clearly.
I think import/export is a problem both ways. Good thing is Raven Rock is planning to import and ask what is in demand.

Im surprised that someone was surprised that they were irregular with supply in the US all that Woodleigh have been through they are doing a good job of supplying the world with a niche product from a small operation.

I’m glad Geoff decided to rebuild and hope someone wants to continue in the business providing the range on offer.

I think import/export is a problem both ways. Good thing is Raven Rock is planning to import and ask what is in demand.

Im surprised that someone was surprised that they were irregular with supply in the US all that Woodleigh have been through they are doing a good job of supplying the world with a niche product from a small operation.

I’m glad Geoff decided to rebuild and hope someone wants to continue in the business providing the range on offer.
Well said . I think Geoff McDonald has gone above and beyond what most would do to reestablish a very niche business after a catastrophic fire . He is to be commended not castigated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smith29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com