Why did you buy a 6.5 Creedmoore?

I bought a Kimber 84 Hunter in 6.5 Manbun.

I wanted one because it's the only 6.5 left that has decent factory ammo availability.

My dad used a 6.5 Carcano to kill his two best bucks in the 60's (I have the rifle now).

I have:

1 - 6.5x55
2 - .260 Remington (Got my best whitetail with one)
2 - 6.5 Grendel

I've always been a big fan of the 6.5. When I was a child, I knew that long bullet should penetrate anything.

I’ve held out up until now, but it’s worth noting that the Creed and the .308 are the only big game calibers that seem to have universal availability. At the end of the day, it’s important for my rifle to be able to go “Bang!”

Won it in a raffle. Sauer 100, shoots great.

I like it. Even though other calibers perform well...

I bought more.

WHY ? REALLY WHY ?

well cause you gay or very woke or for sure a marketing Bitch !

6.5 creed moor is the most overrated cartridge ever designed....

well. the 6.5 creed more is ballistically speaking superior to the 308 above 600 yards.
no question about that.

6.5 is offering less of recoil, less drop and drift (not so much) in real field conditions.
it is a better choice than the 308 to shoot steel plates at long range....
great to practice on target with a sniper rifle type thinking you Chris Kyle....
Btw Chris Kyle personal rifle was a 308 !

hunting wise... for any game from 0 to 500 yards the 308 is definitely a better choice.
whatever all the expert say the 308 hit way harder than a 6.5.
308 with a 165/168 TMK or LR Accubond is a killer. if you want to shoot a big moose or big elk in timber you go up to 180.... the 7/08 if you reload is the one to pick up.

all the shooting school and instructors will tell you 20 years ago 80% of shooters were using 308 those days it is like 20%.
yes at 700 yards the 6.5 is offering less drift with less recoil but I like heavy when I hunt and when you know your dope.... I am 100/100 first shot first hit cold bore at 700 yards with my 308..... just to say...
hornady did a fantastic job in marketing.... technically nothing of fantastic.

for a hunter there is nothing yet in term of versatility beating the 308 or the 7/08.

all the shooting school and instructors will tell you 20 years ago 80% of shooters were using 308 those days it is like 20%.
yes at 700 yards the 6.5 is offering less drift with less recoil but I like heavy when I hunt and when you know your dope.... I am 100/100 first shot first hit cold bore at 700 yards with my 308..... just to say...
hornady did a fantastic job in marketing.... technically nothing of fantastic.

for a hunter there is nothing yet in term of versatility beating the 308 or the 7/08.
You need to come shoot some competition with us down here in Texas. Sounds like you can teach us a thing or two for sure. I shoot with some top level shooter that win a lot of comps. I'm not putting my money on them to go 100 for 100 at 700 yards cold bore shots (I'm assuming you are talking about 1 moa size targets).

We put down a lot of animals with a 6.5CM, some exceeding the size of moose. All one shot kills.

its all about ego.... I probably shoot better than you... it is okay....
yes 100/100 cold bore but not clean bore make a big difference my dear !
7 inch steel plate ! I win the bet every time !

you can practice a lot but you always meet better a day or another.
love web experts on those forum ! i am here just to sell some stuff and bye bye !

I am pro.... I heard this kind of great white hunter bla bla like yours all the time....
I dont miss at 1200 yards a deer but I miss at 700 yards.... so I am better if it is further !!!!!!

then in the field at 90 yards broadside of a game who can chew your ass off.... you miss or wound !
Amen.... you can kill an elephant with a 22 too. right in his eyes !

Lol.

Here's the scoring for the 700m individual shoot at the 2023 F Class World Champioships: https://sabisley.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/MATCH-1-700-F-OPEN-2.pdf

33 shooters managed 15 consecutive 1MOA hits at 700M, out of a field of 126. Shooting strings, with wind flags, with F-Open rifles.

F-Open Rifle:
1723005111339.jpeg

Call it 10KG (22lbs), fully custom, front and rear rest, thousands of dollars of precision engineering, some fancy cartridge shooting top tier handloads. Literally designed from first principles to make doing what you describes as easy as possible.

Here's the totals for the entire event: https://sabisley.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/FCWC-TEAMS-FO.pdf

Nobody managed 100 consecutive MOA hits over the entire event. The closest anyone came was somewhere between 60 and 74 consecutive MOA shots across 700/800/900, which is incredibly impressive.

If you can do 100/100 MOA hits at 700 with a .308, especially cold bore with anything other than a full on F-Open gun, then you really need to step up and join the US Team. You'd win the world championship every single time.

As for your comments on the 6.5CM for hunting? I don't disagree. It's fine, it works, but no better than a 6.5x55 and I too prefer .308win (or even better .270win) in the field.

Attachments

I am talking to hit a 7/8 inch plate at 700 yards on first shot a "nice day". max 4/5 mph

1MOA at 100 yards is 7MOA at 700yds ..... dang I just learnt something......
yes you maybe need to learn to shoot....

l have been 100/100 on first shot.... last few time I have been doing it with my new rifle.
so probably 8/9 times. I let you know when I miss.

btw I did miss until all my cheat was perfectly calibrate and until I got to know the rifle. from there your muscle memory does everything how you hold the pressure etc etc. if your brain can't remember that at cold you toast.

every time I have been challenged people smile but when they hear the bang on the steel......
they shut up.

I do that with 308 TMK 168 grain black hills 2625 fps.
I don't really care what you think. hunting shooting world are just full of egos. I know a pair fo guy who shoot better than me.... I am fine with that it is motivating....

My rifle with this load is 1/4 MOA at 100 yards.... so if I follow your math I am 1.75 MOA at 700 yards.
it doesn't work this way.... some rifle group better at 300 yards than 100 yards vis and versa.

700 yards is a threshold for the 308.... I won't try to hold MOA on first shot at 800/900 or a 1000.

if you shoot so much you should know some barrels and shooter are very precise but they can't be accurate !

first shot cold bore is all about be accurate.... not precision.... a great sniper is accurate !
you are judge on hit a dickhead on first shot at any distance any conditions up to 1000 yards.

I am not a shooter I am a sniper. I know that and I a fine with. I would not pretend be able to shoot the whole day on paper its too boring for me.

HEROS and US TEAM OF AFRICA GREAT WHITE HUNTER OF THE FORUM AMEN

Last edited:
I am not a shooter I am a sniper. I know that and I a fine with. I would not pretend be able to shoot the whole day on paper its too boring for me.

HEROS and US TEAM OF AFRICA GREAT WHITE HUNTER OF THE FORUM AMEN

I think you logged into the wrong forum, friend.

You should check out the sniper’s hide forum.

I’m always amazed at the visceral hatred some have for the 6.5CM. I’m ambivalent regarding this cartridge; it is a cartridge great for some areas and lacking in other areas…just like 99% of all cartridges. Personally, I’m happy with mine just like I am happy with my 308s, 243, 222, 45-70, 30-06, etc, etc.

Had it been developed by someone else as a medium game hunting cartridge with long range shooting ballistics, and named something different like 265 Rigby, 6.5x49 Mauser, 265 Winchester, etc., I wonder - would it elicit the same emotional response when discussed?

I needed something with lighter recoil that had readily available ammo to practice with at the range. I found a Browning XBolt long range for $550 after rebate and the rest is history. It shoots cheap Hornady Whitetail ammo sub MOA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeniaNeagl

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available