Impala
Blesbok
Ostrich
Whitetail
Hog
Black Wildebeest
Eland
Giraffe

Other than the Duiker, my 11 year old son took that list. It is a capable cartridge that most people don't give it enough credit.

YMMV

I’ve never shot a 6.5 Needmore, nor do I expect to ever get one. I already have the one and only 6.5 I’ll ever need or want… .264 Win Mag! It’s a tack driver, shooting 127 grain Barnes LRX groups of 0.355” at 3,200 fps.

I’ll never down grade to a Needmore.

@CraigV You can thumbs down me all you want? And this is not personal as I bet we could be great friends!
But there is nothing that a creedmore can do that a 6.5x55, 260 REM, or 7mm-08 does doesn’t do better!
And it’s laughable to think it’s a large game or serious long range round…
Again, nothing personal but facts are facts…
@CZDiesel,
Believe me, my "dislike" wasn't personal. It was because the OP asked, "Why you bought a 6.5CM". I knew as soon as I saw this thread, it would have several posts that instead of saying why they had bought one, folks would be bashing it.

AH members are a fickle lot sometimes. Purists on some items, yet gear and gadget obsessive on others. An example would be buying a double rifle, and then putting red dot and similar optics on them. Perhaps we should eliminate all calibers except 30.06, 8mm Mauser and .303?

As I said in my post, I was reluctant to go down the "new caliber" rabbit hole. Pushed it off until I both heard, saw and used it. I don't punch paper with mine, they all three (and yup they are bolt guns) go to the field. Heck, I like it so much I had a Mauser 98 action built into one. There's pictures of it here on AH.

I also don't reload, so for price, selection and availability it works out fantastic for me. If I did, I probably would have gone 6.5 Sweede.

I use it for all the NA game I hunt, and have never had a problem, but I am specific on shot placement, and will pass an animal if it isn't right.

I agree, we could easily be good friends, and I appreciate your post and thoughts, it was just the opposite of what the OP asked.

The 6.5CM is a great little cartridge, with easily obtainable components.
It’s a very good example of how marketing can drive perception and sales.
Reminds me of the .308 Norma vs .300 WM.

I still use the old, outdated, inaccurate and ineffective 6.5x55 SE
If I weren’t a hand loader, the CM would be a solid choice for small to medium game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHVGeorgia

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available