Why avoid Hornady DG bullets and ammunition?

@salesman what was the weight on those two DGX from the cape buffalo?

@salesman what was the weight on those two DGX from the cape buffalo?

The two Hornady DGX bullets recovered from the buff have never been weighed.

I am out of town on business at present, but will be back Saturday. I will weight them and report those findings.

Thanks

This isn't my photo, I stole it off the internet but would this be considered bullet failure? Recovered from a buffalo btw.
smashed416case_zps07d47129.jpg

Attachments

• smashed416case_zps07d47129.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
What about these in 416 recovered from a gemsbok?
2006_0619swift_a-frames0012.jpg

Attachments

• 2006_0619swift_a-frames0012.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 105
This isn't my photo, I stole it off the internet but would this be considered bullet failure? Recovered from a buffalo btw.

No just poor performance in comparison to other better bullet choices for DANGEROUS game.

What about these in 416 recovered from a gemsbok?

No for the one on the left. Without question yes, for the middle and especially for the one on the right when advertising this as a DANGEROUS game bullet and in light of being used on a Gemsbok. Especially so when there are much better bullet choices available.

No just poor performance in comparison to other better bullet choices for DANGEROUS game.

So where is the line between poor performance and failure. To me it just looks like the bullet had a heck of a tough trip and did everything it was supposed to do despite shedding its petals. So the TSX is not a good dangerous game bullet?

Last edited:
No for the one on the left. Without question yes, for the middle and especially for the one on the right when advertising this as a DANGEROUS game bullet and in light of being used on a Gemsbok. Especially so when there are much better bullet choices available.

I'd be curious to know what happened here for sure. So the Swift A-Frame is not a good Dangerous Game bullet?

So where is the line between poor performance and failure. To me it just looks like the bullet had a heck of a tough trip and did everything it was supposed to do despite shedding its petals.

Go back to second pic you just posted. The line is somewhere between the bullet on the left which looks like EVERY North Fork Bonded Core and A-Frame that I've ever seen recovered either in person or in pics and the bullets to the right of it.

I'd be curious to know what happened here for sure. So the Swift A-Frame is not a good Dangerous Game bullet?

Oh....the bullet on the left is an A-Frame? I presumed it was a DGX, should have known better. See previous post.

Oh....the bullet on the left is an A-Frame? I presumed it was a DGX, should have known better. See previous post.

All three are A Frames from same box and same gun according to the report.

So now from these photos we've concluded that the TSX and the Swift A-Frame are not suitable dangerous game bullets either?

All three are A Frames from same box and same gun according to the report.

If that is the case then you have succeeded in showing me the first case of poor A-Frame performance. I won't make a judgment that the A-Frame is after one data point a bad DG bullet. Same as I didn't for the DGX.

When you come up with many more reports of this kind of performance backed up with reports from PH's, I'll reconsider.

In fairness this was in test medium but others seems to hold up
swift-failure.jpg

Attachments

• swift-failure.jpg
    swift-failure.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 94
False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two opposing arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not...

The following statements are examples of false equivalence:

(the comparison is between things differing by many orders of magnitude: Deepwater Horizon spilled 210 million US gal; 780,000 m3 gallons of oil, your neighbor might spill perhaps a pint.)

:whistle:

So where is the line between poor performance and failure. To me it just looks like the bullet had a heck of a tough trip and did everything it was supposed to do despite shedding its petals. So the TSX is not a good dangerous game bullet?

SheepHunter why don't you just quit while you're behind! If you haven't noticed, over the last 20 pages you are the only one attempting to back Hornady. Your arguments aren't arguments, they are poorly worded excuses. You're biased, you have an affiliation with Hornady and it's clearly obvious in your comments.

Hornady makes a flawed product; a number of unaffiliated individuals have come forward and provided story after story how Hornady's product failed them. Please, stop making excuses for a flawed product.

I could post more if you like but I think I made my point. I didn't post any of these to bring the quality of these bullets into question as I believe they are very good bullets but rather to show that performance can be dictated by circumstances within and not within our control.

False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two opposing arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not...

The following statements are examples of false equivalence:

(the comparison is between things differing by many orders of magnitude: Deepwater Horizon spilled 210 million US gal; 780,000 m3 gallons of oil, your neighbor might spill perhaps a pint.)

:whistle:

Ummm...I wasn't comparing anything. Just demonstrating what can happen.

Ummm...I wasn't comparing anything. Just demonstrating what can happen.

I thought you were trying to equate those images to the reported failures of the DGX, to make the argument that such failures happen with all bullets. Sorry for the misguided poke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LCXKatie5

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe