Who's the best for a first timer

A show is not the be all, end all. SCI and DSC shows, the outfitters are expected to donate hunts as part of the "fee" to be at the show. The more they donate the better. And God help the poor outfitters at SCI, where their "donation" does not bring in enough cash, they get sent a bill for the balance. If you want to be in a show, you just need the right amount of cash or its equivalents and you are in. A show vendor is no guarantee of a great hunt or a bad one.

I don't think you will go wrong with the companies you have short listed.

Good point there @RUGER77, but its also sometimes difficult as most of the trackers speak a very basic English. I for one speak their native language and it's much easier for my tracker to understand what I need. However any PH should immediately translate and keep the hunter up to date with what is being said or decided.

Blessings to all
Good point here. I've been on several hunts where time after time a long conversation in Africaans is followed by "lets go"! Let's go do what, where? I am sorry but I can't keep up with more than a word or two and it's VERY frustrating for the client hunter to be in this situation. Not to mention when it is dangerous game it's dangerous to not know what the hell is going on! You know we all enjoy Africa and the people so few of us criticize but this is a point worth pursueing as a discussion topic.
Regards,
Philip

I'm happy to see that you've made the choice to hunt with Cruisers. Did you notice that one of Cruisers' former clients wrote a paperback about his total experience? The title of the book is Safari Wind. It is a good read and may contain answers to questions you haven't thought of. It was through this book that I got to "know and meet Hans my PH" long before our introduction at the lodge.

Like I said in a previous post. PM me if you want to "chat" in private. I'm retired so phone calls are also possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavonMares

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa