Who is going where in 2018 or hoping to make plans for 2018

John Ed,

My wife and I did our 30th anniversary in 2016 in Cape Town and no, I didn't have a side trip with a hunt. However, with your Uganda trip, you might consider adding a glamping safari on either before or after your hunt. Quite frankly, the photo safaris we have done (my wife is a non-hunter) have been awesome and you actually see a lot more animals than when you are hunting. You can do some sort of gorilla trekking safari in Uganda or Rwanda. Or go to Kenya or Tanz, the Masai Mara and Serengetti are calling! We've used a Cape Town based travel, Go2Africa.com and they have put us in several camps operated by a company called "&beyond" https://www.andbeyond.com/ and they have been fantastic experiences.
First off Dave, glad to hear youre headed home! Look forward to meeting you and having a whiskey.
Interesting you mentioned Cape Town as when we did the big family safari in '16 we had 3 days there and visited a couple of wineries. We said how we'd like to come back and spend a week or so touring the area, tasting some wine and enjoying the countryside. We did the Blue Train back in '96 which was a great experience.

Zim for tuskless then on the Eastern Cape .. culling maybe a Zebra cull in Limpopo.

After many years of planning and saving I'm going to Tanzania for buffalo and plains game, hunting with Nathan Askew - Bullet Safaris :E Happy:

That is a dream hunt for sure. I am looking forward to reading about your hunt.

BobT, I am booked for Buffalo and plains game with Nathan too - July in Rungwa. When and where is your hunt? I hope the Tanzanian govt lets the season happen!

Limpopo in September for PG, November Elk and Mule deer in Colorado. Mexico Bill fish in June. November white tail in Nebraska and then on to Kansas for Whitetail.

BobT, I am booked for Buffalo and plains game with Nathan too - July in Rungwa. When and where is your hunt? I hope the Tanzanian govt lets the season happen!

Still juggling dates but July or August in Rungwa.

Limpopo in September for PG, November Elk and Mule deer in Colorado. Mexico Bill fish in June. November white tail in Nebraska and then on to Kansas for Whitetail.

I want to be like you when I grow up and/or retire! :)

myself and 3 friends back to Namibia in June 7 days cull hunt Oryx, Kudu, Springbok, Baboon and Warthog. Possibly Eland. I love Namibia.
Markcz
Also hoping to get to Estonia for Moose and Boar in October with my son and meet up with some old hunting pals from Finland.
Markcz

First African hunting trip in May 2018. PG in the Eastern Cape of SA. Kudu, Oryx, Impala, Zebra, and Warthog. Pretty excited if I were to be honest! Unfortunately reading on hear for a few months...I'm thinking I will need to go back for a buffalo :).....listening to everyone's stories has got me kinda stoked.

First African hunting trip in May 2018. PG in the Eastern Cape of SA. Kudu, Oryx, Impala, Zebra, and Warthog. Pretty excited if I were to be honest! Unfortunately reading on hear for a few months...I'm thinking I will need to go back for a buffalo :).....listening to everyone's stories has got me kinda stoked.
Perfect time of year for SA. You will have a ball. Good luck and remember, if you watch the clock it clicks two seconds forward, then one back. :mad: In the meantime, practice with your rifle(s).(y)

Yep, you’ll go back at least for a buffalo! Probably many more trophies as well!
Best of luck!

Nothing concrete, but I'm hoping to visit northwest Colorado for elk with a very good friend this year or next.

Oh I’m jealous Dr Ray! You better take pictures and write us a little report!

Oh I’m jealous Dr Ray! You better take pictures and write us a little report!

I certainly will. Look forward to your visit 2019.
IMG_1088.JPG

I see you’re going pg hunting w paw print next year. Well that should be an excellent trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly will. Look forward to your visit 2019.
I’m looking forward to the water buffalo hunt with you in 2019. Sounds like a grand time!
At my age I’ve got to make the most of every year! Waisted too much of my life already not taking advantage of each and every day! Although if today is my last, it’s been a great run! I just wish everyone could be as lucky as I have been!

Limpopo in May, taking 10 first timers and a friend that has been several times. At DSC looking to research, either Alaska Brown bear, Namibia Leopard, or New Zealand red deer/thar in 2019 0r 2020. Look forward to everyone’s pictures and hunt reports. Merry Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henrietta8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa