Which to choose for clays/dove

I’ve seen them used many times. Carrying the squads guns. Maybe rules have changed, but when I was competing I am fairly certain you could not have used multiple guns. The gun malfunction rules were pretty clear on this.

Depends on the organization I think..

SCTP will allow reshoot for 3x malfunctions.. after that the game goes on..you can continue to shoot with the malfunctioning gun, drop out, or swap out guns…

We did something similar with a collapsible cart/wagon… any time it doesn’t make sense to load up the trailer and side by side, the wagon makes a nice alternative… throw the ammo and bags in it, and put a couple of guns on the sides and we’re good to go…

I’ll see if I can get out in the garage today and get some pics
Cart.jpg

we just put the guns on the rear holders, muzzle down.. the muzzles rest on the little rubberized/neoprene mat that you can see in the bottom of the cart.. theres plenty of room to carry a flat or two of ammo, a couple of shooting bags, etc..

I think we got the cart on sale at Academy for something like $40.. and added the kolpin gun things for another $20 or so... the cart collapses on itself and becomes compact enough to throw in the trunk of a subcompact car if you needed to (not that we need to.. I drive a full size truck, my wife drives a full size SUV, and our youngest daughter (the avid shotgun shooter) drives a mid size SUV..

Definitely was a cheap/easy solution for hauling crap around a sporting clays course for the last few years though whenever I didnt want to deal with the hassle of hooking up the trailer, strapping down the polaris, and hauling over hells half acre for a short shooting day..

I have a baby stroller that was designed for running that I converted to carry my shotgun and gear around the clays course. I’ll see if I can find a picture of it.
View attachment 617505
I'm still tough enough (barely) to carry my stuff around the clays course. I strap on three boxes of twelve gauge which is more than enough (typical round for me is ~55 shells).
1720012809350410353996186984799.jpg

For goose hunting I made a tote from a golf cart bought at used sports store. Forty bucks I think. One tube was no good and replacement cost half of that! Two dozen honker shells in the bag + shotgun + folding stool. Usually takes half a dozen slip ties to fasten a limit of five geese on it. Then it becomes almost impossible to push if the field is at all soft. I can hook a couple to the hanger around my neck if needed. I remember the days when I'd put the bag on my back and a limit of five honkers around my neck. Not long ago. But I'm too old now for that crazy shit. Lucky my knees survived it. I prefer to cart or carry my decoys onto the fields. Corn stubble can rip off brake or fuel lines and fields are often soft greasy clay easily torn up (or hopelessly stuck!). Barley stubble is better but I still prefer the exercise. And often I have to cut across alfalfa fields. The dairy farmers frown on anyone driving on that stuff.
goose cart(1).JPG

goose cart2.JPG

The cart ledge for bag is hinged and folds flat. Muddy wheels and folding chair will go on top of Jimmy in the carrier. Cart, bag, and geese go in back seat (geese on the floor). Shotgun rides shotgun in front. It's all worked out.

Seen a cart like this at our local trap club. Loaded with four guns and all the gear the family of 4 needed for the day's club shoot.
I can’t carry that much but for a total cost of less than $40, I find it hard to complain. The original stroller was given to me for free. :cool:

Those big carts are really nice but heavy to push around the course. Fortunately I don’t need anything that big.

I can’t carry that much but for a total cost of less than $40, I find it hard to complain. The original stroller was given to me for free. :cool:

Those big carts are really nice but heavy to push around the course. Fortunately I don’t need anything that big.

They only pushed their cart about 200 feet. Loaded the cart at their car, wheeled it across the gravel parking lot and the grassy area between the parking lot and to the picnick tables near the clubhouse. They drew trap houses 3 and 4 nearest to the clubhouse. They just moved the cart to the other side of the clubhouse, between the bench spectator seating, then commenced to gearing up to go to their respective trap range.

After shooting, they loaded the cart back up and pushed it to their vehicle.

I thought that was kind of handy, as it beat me having to make 2 or 3 trips going back and forth to my vehicle parked about 30 feet from the clubhouse to get gear or more ammo for the next round, shooting houses 3 and 4. Shooting houses 1 and 2 I used a small backpack to carry extra ammo and any other essential extra gear gear.

Those handy dandy little, and some not so little, carts like you have are real popular with muzzleloader shooters.

My club has push carts available for everyone, which I quite like because it helps keep the instructors out of the way of poor gun handling when walking between stations.
Carts would also help shooters avoid getting smacked in the face by some guy's buttstock thrown over his shoulder. Another reason I don't shoot O/U at the range. I know where ALL of my A5 is ALL of the time. In front of me.

Well, you learn something new every day.

Several models on this site. And there are other sites.
@Ontario Hunter - the gun “cart” you show a photo of (Rugged Gear) is big & bulky and looks like a lot to lug around for a few hours of shooting Sporting clays - but here is why it is popular: One Cart can easily carry guns for 3-4 guys shooting together, it also carries all ammo - 10-20-30 boxes if you are shooting 150-200 rounds each. Also, most Sporting Clays courses of 100 birds involves walking a mile or more —- some courses you walk out to a “dead end” vs a “loop” and must walk all the way back. I like the walking part - it’s the only slight physical effort involved in shooting - but walking for 2-3 hours in 90 degree heat & humidity and carrying guns & lots of ammo makes those carts very “practical”. If I’m just shooting 100 targets - I carry my gun and 125 rounds in a range bag but for a longer day and with a few guys - a cart really makes sense.

Seen a cart like this at our local trap club. Loaded with four guns and all the gear the family of 4 needed for the day's club shoot.
@Ridge Runner - Those “Rugged Gear” carts are nice but very expensive and a 4 Gun model can cost $700….over priced but they don’t have much competition, Not many companies make “shooting carts”. Some guys convert Baby Strollers but I’m not that talented. I don’t own a cart yet - looking for a used one but often shoot with guys that do and they haul some stuff for me — it’s appreciated.

@Ridge Runner - Those “Rugged Gear” carts are nice but very expensive and a 4 Gun model can cost $700….over priced but they don’t have much competition, Not many companies make “shooting carts”. Some guys convert Baby Strollers but I’m not that talented. I don’t own a cart yet - looking for a used one but often shoot with guys that do and they haul some stuff for me — it’s appreciated.

At the NMLRA National Championship Shoots I have seen little red wagons, the kind in the toy department, with modified reinforce axils, aka 3/4 inch steel rod; modified wheels, as in kid's tricycle tires; and bolted on side brackets for mounting side panels.

Then there was a wooden wagon that resembled a buckboard wagon without the seat.

Also seen a "hand truck" "dolly/dollie/dolie" modified, with a wooden cabinet attached to it. Rifles set inside a shelf: buttstock in the shelf barrel resting in a padded hook secure by a small bungee cord.

You don’t have to be talented…

Hit FB marketplace and get a used runners stroller for about $50… and then hit the kolpin website and get the rhino grips you like… and attach them to the tubular metal on the stroller… and you’re done..

For about $75 all in you now have a gun cart…

Use the stroller seat and the storage area below the stroller to stow all your gear and ammo… and put your gun(s) in the kolpin grips…

Or you can go the wagon route like I did for about the same money..

The upside to the wagon is you can haul more gear/guns… I’m usually hauling for 3-4 shooters…

The upside to the stroller version is it’s easier to push along than the wagon it to pull along…

Hit FB marketplace and get a used runners stroller for about $50… and then hit the kolpin website and get the rhino grips you like… and attach them to the tubular metal on the stroller… and you’re done..

Use the stroller seat and the storage area below the stroller to stow all your gear and ammo… and put your gun(s) in the kolpin grips…

The upside to the wagon is you can haul more gear/guns… I’m usually hauling for 3-4 shooters…

The upside to the stroller version is it’s easier to push along than the wagon it to pull along…
Bonus...my stroller came with cup holders. ;)

@mdwest - yep have seen converted strollers and I’ll win a World Championship before I attempt to build one (you Overestimate my building skills and Underestimated my Lack-of-Patience)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucretiaGa

Latest profile posts

Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.