Which Buffalo Would You shoot?

Both have very desirable features as trophies. I would guess both are mature, or close to mature, but not as old as they should be when taken as trophies. Unfortunately the pic doesn't show enough but I would want to assess body mass and other signs of great age before a decision to shoot. If neither was of takeable status I would be quite happy to let them walk, happy with the privilege of just finding such magnificent bulls to view. But agreed, they are beauties, both.
 
Genetics are great but neither look to be very old. Maybe 7 or 8?
 
Left.
 
I took this picture at Lake Nakuru National Park in Kenya about 20 years ago. The question is, which one would you shoot? I'm torn, but I think I'd shoot the one on the left. How about you?
One of those times when you trust the judgement of your PH. That's one of the reasons you're paying him all that money.
 
Left one has better boss but that tore up ear on right one makes him a fighter. More character I d take him.
 
Both have very desirable features as trophies. I would guess both are mature, or close to mature, but not as old as they should be when taken as trophies. Unfortunately the pic doesn't show enough but I would want to assess body mass and other signs of great age before a decision to shoot. If neither was of takeable status I would be quite happy to let them walk, happy with the privilege of just finding such magnificent bulls to view. But agreed, they are beauties, both.
They were a sight to behold. Lake Nakuru was full of big bulls. I was drooling...
 
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I want an OLD warrior who's earned a good death - horns worn down, missing half an ear, claw scars all over his back, teeth nearly worn down, a broken tail...

Those are some nice-looking bulls, just not my cuppa.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,440
Members
170,327
Latest member
UPPStefani
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top