Which Buffalo Would You shoot?

You are all wrong…buy the extra tag and shoot them both!

HH

Both have very desirable features as trophies. I would guess both are mature, or close to mature, but not as old as they should be when taken as trophies. Unfortunately the pic doesn't show enough but I would want to assess body mass and other signs of great age before a decision to shoot. If neither was of takeable status I would be quite happy to let them walk, happy with the privilege of just finding such magnificent bulls to view. But agreed, they are beauties, both.

Genetics are great but neither look to be very old. Maybe 7 or 8?

Left.

I took this picture at Lake Nakuru National Park in Kenya about 20 years ago. The question is, which one would you shoot? I'm torn, but I think I'd shoot the one on the left. How about you?
One of those times when you trust the judgement of your PH. That's one of the reasons you're paying him all that money.

Left one has better boss but that tore up ear on right one makes him a fighter. More character I d take him.

Both have very desirable features as trophies. I would guess both are mature, or close to mature, but not as old as they should be when taken as trophies. Unfortunately the pic doesn't show enough but I would want to assess body mass and other signs of great age before a decision to shoot. If neither was of takeable status I would be quite happy to let them walk, happy with the privilege of just finding such magnificent bulls to view. But agreed, they are beauties, both.
They were a sight to behold. Lake Nakuru was full of big bulls. I was drooling...

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I want an OLD warrior who's earned a good death - horns worn down, missing half an ear, claw scars all over his back, teeth nearly worn down, a broken tail...

Those are some nice-looking bulls, just not my cuppa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatrisSam

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles