Which Buffalo Would You shoot?

Both have very desirable features as trophies. I would guess both are mature, or close to mature, but not as old as they should be when taken as trophies. Unfortunately the pic doesn't show enough but I would want to assess body mass and other signs of great age before a decision to shoot. If neither was of takeable status I would be quite happy to let them walk, happy with the privilege of just finding such magnificent bulls to view. But agreed, they are beauties, both.

Genetics are great but neither look to be very old. Maybe 7 or 8?

Left.

I took this picture at Lake Nakuru National Park in Kenya about 20 years ago. The question is, which one would you shoot? I'm torn, but I think I'd shoot the one on the left. How about you?
One of those times when you trust the judgement of your PH. That's one of the reasons you're paying him all that money.

Left one has better boss but that tore up ear on right one makes him a fighter. More character I d take him.

Both have very desirable features as trophies. I would guess both are mature, or close to mature, but not as old as they should be when taken as trophies. Unfortunately the pic doesn't show enough but I would want to assess body mass and other signs of great age before a decision to shoot. If neither was of takeable status I would be quite happy to let them walk, happy with the privilege of just finding such magnificent bulls to view. But agreed, they are beauties, both.
They were a sight to behold. Lake Nakuru was full of big bulls. I was drooling...

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I want an OLD warrior who's earned a good death - horns worn down, missing half an ear, claw scars all over his back, teeth nearly worn down, a broken tail...

Those are some nice-looking bulls, just not my cuppa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suminasharma

Latest profile posts

Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me