What Scope To Choose On My .375

Those are all excellent brands of scopes and I’m a Leupold user myself, so I’m not going to opine on which brand, but…. I would suggest you consider something like a 2-10 or 2-12 for your .375. It’s a cartridge you can shoot effectively out past 300 yards if the situation calls for it and higher magnification can help, especially if you have older eyes. My VX5 is a 2-10 with Firedot reticle and CDS turret. It’s a great combination for me.

Here’s an example of where having higher magnification helped make a critical shot on a special animal…. In February, I had about a 225 yards shot on a Lord Derby Eland, an animal you definitely don’t want to blow your shot on. There were a fair number of limbs and branches covering part of the target about halfway to the Eland. By turning my scope up to 10x I was able to steer clear of some small branches I didn’t see when I first looked through the scope at lower power. I had to aim higher than I would have at a lower power and was able to drop the eland in his tracks, right where he was standing. Had I shot lower where I was intending, I likely would have wounded my eland and perhaps lost it.

The Swarovski Z6i 1.7-10x42 is on my 375H&H, it gives plenty of range for PG but still can be dialed down for anything real close. I have always saved the 1-6 scopes for my 416's.

I have always liked the glass of the Swarovski's best when it comes to color and clarity.
I can only support the recommendation of the Z6i 1.7-10x42 which probably is the most versatile scope ever made (when you also take into account, weight, simplicity and durability).

I have scopes from all the big European manufacturers incl 3 from Swarovski which all are my go tos depending on situation (1-6EE, 1.7-10, 3-18)

I have the Trijicon you listed and used it in South Africa in 2022. I hunted PG and DG, from the smallest a Warthog, Bushbuck, to larger Lioness and a cow Buffalo. Made some shots from, 95 yds on the Lioness, 120+ yds on the Warthog, to my longest shot at over 350 yds on a Nyala. Could I have used the extra magnification, sure, but since this was my DG rifle, I stayed with the 1-6. Based on both PHs from the Eastern Cape & Kalahari, the 1-6 is perfect for an all-around scope. I hope this helps. Here is a picture of my AHR CZ-550 in 375 H&H.

View attachment 632765
What brand sling do you have? Looks comfy for those long days afield.

What brand sling do you have? Looks comfy for those long days afield.

That sling was hand made by a member on this forum. He also made the belt and cartridge holder.

You might have to give up a name… the quality looks exceptional

It is, and his prices are not bad at all.

I’ll reach out to him. (y)

I’m a little late to the party here but caught my attention as I bought a .375 recently from @JD Noblin he’s mounting a Leupold VX6 1-6x24 with fire dot on it. Either he or I can put some pics up once mounted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilheminaN

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?