What Scope To Choose On My .375

Those are all excellent brands of scopes and I’m a Leupold user myself, so I’m not going to opine on which brand, but…. I would suggest you consider something like a 2-10 or 2-12 for your .375. It’s a cartridge you can shoot effectively out past 300 yards if the situation calls for it and higher magnification can help, especially if you have older eyes. My VX5 is a 2-10 with Firedot reticle and CDS turret. It’s a great combination for me.

Here’s an example of where having higher magnification helped make a critical shot on a special animal…. In February, I had about a 225 yards shot on a Lord Derby Eland, an animal you definitely don’t want to blow your shot on. There were a fair number of limbs and branches covering part of the target about halfway to the Eland. By turning my scope up to 10x I was able to steer clear of some small branches I didn’t see when I first looked through the scope at lower power. I had to aim higher than I would have at a lower power and was able to drop the eland in his tracks, right where he was standing. Had I shot lower where I was intending, I likely would have wounded my eland and perhaps lost it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TerranceYc

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles