What Scope To Choose On My .375

APolizzi11916

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a question for you all I have the opportunity to get multiple scopes at reduced prices through my job. I wanted to know you opinions about what I should choose. I am looking at 3 1-6 scopes that would be going on a 375H&H. I have heard a lot of positives on all three but I am looking for some feed back from people who have actually used these scopes or something similar. (feel free to suggest others that I have not mentioned)
-Zeiss Conquest V6 1-6x24 (1,399.99)
-Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x24 (999.99)
-Swarovski Z6I 1-6x24 (1,299.99)

you really cant go wrong with any of those choices..

Im going to probably be the outlier here and say I prefer the Zeiss.. honestly, its not that the Zeiss is any better than the other options, but for me, I've used a lot of Zeiss products over the years and they have always performed, been reliable, etc.. and I just have a lot of confidence in their optics/binos/etc..

The only trijicon products Ive ever used were more "tactical" rather than "hunting" related.. but they are as a rule bomb proof.. and trijicon is an excellent company.. well run, by good people, etc.. that stand behind their products and take great care of their customers.. I wouldnt hesitate to purchase a trijicon optic if I had a need and they had a specific product that I thought would fill that need...

For Swaro.. Ive got a few rifles in the safe topped with swaro glass.. I think you'll find more Swaro fans on AH than Zeiss or Trijicon (although I dont think you'll find many nay sayers on either of those lines here)... Ive never had a problem with anything I own made by Swaro... and if the right deal were available, I wouldnt hesitate to buy more swaro... I just have less experience with swaro than I do with zeiss..

How does the eye relief compare between the three? Then I would be wanting to look through them side by side. I would expect the glass to be better on the Zeiss or Swarovski but I have only glanced at Trijicon so can’t claim experience.

I have the Trijicon you listed and used it in South Africa in 2022. I hunted PG and DG, from the smallest a Warthog, Bushbuck, to larger Lioness and a cow Buffalo. Made some shots from, 95 yds on the Lioness, 120+ yds on the Warthog, to my longest shot at over 350 yds on a Nyala. Could I have used the extra magnification, sure, but since this was my DG rifle, I stayed with the 1-6. Based on both PHs from the Eastern Cape & Kalahari, the 1-6 is perfect for an all-around scope. I hope this helps. Here is a picture of my AHR CZ-550 in 375 H&H.

1725913118083.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 on my 375H&H and love it. That said, I agree with @mdwest about Trijicon being a very good brand for a DG rifle. Personally, I’m not a fan of Zeiss, but it’s only because the colors don’t look true to me. Another brand to consider is Leica.

I use Zeiss and Swaro, in all round configuration, not wide angle models.

Zeiss and Swaro are higher level of glass quality in my opinion.
I will vote for Swaro, but also with with Zeiss you will not make mistake.
Undoubtly, all three will work.

My preferences would be:
1. Swaro
2. Zeiss
3. Trijicon

While not necessary on a Dg set up. I prefer a zero stop scope. Something I can dial up if I want to take a 300 + yard shot.
The Pg that presents it self

My choice is the Swaro which I have on my .375 rifle. Especially since your job has mostly taken price out of consideration. Great glass and specs. One feature I’ve found useful is the ability to preset two illumination levels, and to quickly toggle between off, on and brightly on.

All will serve you well. I went 0.75x6 Z8 for up close work. The 0.75 went you need it helps get rid of tunnel vision. But the 1-8 is awesome as well. That and a 2-12 and you’re covered for nearly anything.

Trijicon is very tough. I have them on black rifles. Just be sure the reticle fits hunting not tactical purposes.

Hello Everyone,
I have a question for you all I have the opportunity to get multiple scopes at reduced prices through my job. I wanted to know you opinions about what I should choose. I am looking at 3 1-6 scopes that would be going on a 375H&H. I have heard a lot of positives on all three but I am looking for some feed back from people who have actually used these scopes or something similar. (feel free to suggest others that I have not mentioned)
@APolizzi11916 - I’ve had a Leupold VIII 1.75-6 on my .375 H&H for 15 years, fired about 60 rounds thru it after sighting it in for 1” high at 100 yards. It has held zero during airline flights to Alaska and snowmobile rides during Grizz hunt - temps went down to 5 below. It was “still zero’d” last year when I practiced with it before bear season (1” high @ 100 yrds). I know it is not the highest quality scope but it is very good and a real “bargain” at under $500…..it is also nice and light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
furrybean

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better