What Line Of Work Are You In

Former SBO, former global wealth advisor, and former Physical Therapist. But what's next?
My dyslexia saw SOB, first and I had a little chuckle. Then I looked up what’s a SBO, and it came back small bowel obstruction and I had coffee coming out my nose! I still don’t know what SBO is, I’m afraid to continue looking!

Just read this post all the way through for the first time. Several people posted their occupations and subsequent retirement. Congrats! I hope to do this in the nearer future.

Service men and women: Thanks to all for your service!

For me:

Left college to become a Union Steamfitter -33 years. Retiring in less than 2 Years.
Invested in real estate in my early 20’s and continue to. Buy/Build/Rehab/Lease my own properties. Currently managed by others.

Day Job (Sometimes night job)
I currently Manage/Supervise construction and maintenance of heavy industrial projects in the oil refining and petrochemical industry in California. I also worked in the pipeline business here. High pressure gas…

Last year I completed a green project. Carbon capture/carbon credit. A renewable natural gas project. Designed to recover methane from landfills. Then clean and compress the gas and put it back in the system to be burned as “natural gas”…

California will be a hub for hydrogen, so I’ll likely participate in building some of the plants that facilitate hydrogen.

I’ve found myself looking at small ranches for sale lately. Even though I grew up 25 miles east of San Francisco and on the Bay, I’ve always liked getting away to the country…Who knows. It’s fun to dream a little…

Thanks for sharing your stories!

I was a financial analyst first position out of college about 4 years. Then 33 years commercial insurance underwriter/marketing through the ranks to underwriting director. Retired at 60, then almost 10 years hobby job at a Cabelas gun library. Now retired at 71...so far.

Retired Army (Spanish Linguist - Intel)
Retired Federal Agent (HSI - Immigration)
Currently working as a Contractor to the Army. I teach ally helicopter pilots how the radar works in their Black Hawks, Apaches, and Chinooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MavisKessl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?