Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
dallas safari club, mannlicher collectors assoc., era
Hunted
Cape buffalo, plains game
Well, it's not the END of the world, but since I have had a Cabela's credit card for nigh on 25 years, I thought they could trust me. My card was denied three times today for online book purchases. I called and was told that I am 85 cents in arrears. Yes, there was 85 cents left unpaid on a late charge that I took care of. The current month's payment is still in the mail, mailed two days ago, so no help at all they say . Sure, I'm getting forgetful and was late one day on a payment because to my horror I discovered it was in my truck console and two days away from due date. I mailed in a check that day but had no idea that 85 cents in interest was somehow still owed. It is still a bit fuzzy to me where the 85 cents came from. Carrie, Cabela's ID# YZM339 manager seemed nice enough on the phone but dug in her heels for 85 cents! And she said she was a senior finance manager, that there was no one higher to appeal to. I told her I had just read Bill Heavey's book, "You're Not Lost If You Can Still See the Truck" wherein it stated in one of the articles that Cabela's had THE best customer service, even replacing a year old toilet seat "because the wife got tired of looking at the fishing lures embedded in plastic." How that they did that because they wanted to keep loyal customers. "Well, you have an unpaid balance, sir, so we cannot allow the card to be used," was her reply. Even if they allowed it, you can't just put 85 cents on another credit card for payment, can you? In the meantime, I lose a special offer, have to re-order some books--heaven help us if the charges go through and then I re-order, only to have to return one. Just an unnecessary irritation.

I could understand a computer being inhuman, but a Cabela's senior finance manager? Over 85 cents? Only about a day from getting the latest check in the mail? Did it not occur to her she could lose a customer? (They won't but I didn't tell her that) Still, that's all you get after 25 loyal years, except some irritating expired points you don't get back if you don't shop often enough? I'm still just flabbergasted.

No help here but I use the EZ button, online payments. There's too much thievery in the check writing world. An acquaintance got schnookered for five figures because he didn't use a gel pen and used the U.S. mail.

You need to move from paper checks to online banking.....

It sucks.... and I wish we could still pay everything with cash and a paper check ......

Well, it's not the END of the world, but since I have had a Cabela's credit card for nigh on 25 years, I thought they could trust me. My card was denied three times today for online book purchases. I called and was told that I am 85 cents in arrears. Yes, there was 85 cents left unpaid on a late charge that I took care of. The current month's payment is still in the mail, mailed two days ago, so no help at all they say . Sure, I'm getting forgetful and was late one day on a payment because to my horror I discovered it was in my truck console and two days away from due date. I mailed in a check that day but had no idea that 85 cents in interest was somehow still owed. It is still a bit fuzzy to me where the 85 cents came from. Carrie, Cabela's ID# YZM339 manager seemed nice enough on the phone but dug in her heels for 85 cents! And she said she was a senior finance manager, that there was no one higher to appeal to. I told her I had just read Bill Heavey's book, "You're Not Lost If You Can Still See the Truck" wherein it stated in one of the articles that Cabela's had THE best customer service, even replacing a year old toilet seat "because the wife got tired of looking at the fishing lures embedded in plastic." How that they did that because they wanted to keep loyal customers. "Well, you have an unpaid balance, sir, so we cannot allow the card to be used," was her reply. Even if they allowed it, you can't just put 85 cents on another credit card for payment, can you? In the meantime, I lose a special offer, have to re-order some books--heaven help us if the charges go through and then I re-order, only to have to return one. Just an unnecessary irritation.

I could understand a computer being inhuman, but a Cabela's senior finance manager? Over 85 cents? Only about a day from getting the latest check in the mail? Did it not occur to her she could lose a customer? (They won't but I didn't tell her that) Still, that's all you get after 25 loyal years, except some irritating expired points you don't get back if you don't shop often enough? I'm still just flabbergasted.

Hey deadbeat pay the 85 cents…

JUST KIDDING!

Credit card companies basically don’t care anymore. I have 2 cards that I use for one of my companies. The average spend is 50k each (per month) and I use them for the airline travel perks including free flights.
I had fraud on one of the cards that required a card replacement and when I requested the card be expedited out to me was informed that they had no way of doing that. When I mentioned that the cc made its vig on my purchases every month (from transactions fees) and that a FedEx or UPS overnight should be available, I was informed that it was not an option.
Got my new card about 8 days later and haven’t used it in 2 months. No one is going to call me to ask why I’ve stopped using the card.

It’s the business world we live in now.

HH

I might write 1 check a month if even that, all other payments are either automatic transfer or done by me when due. A couple of clicks on the keyboard and it is done. I canceled one of my credit cards years ago just because they wouldn't do bank transfers, their payment had to be a check.

As for a Cabela's CC, Bass Pro took all that money and ran, in my opinion the Cabela's card was one of the reasons that they wanted Cabela's before they ruined them.

Bass Pro has destroyed Cabelas
I make sure to tell them that on every "Would you like to leave feedback" chance I get. I also tell them the "Bass Pro" credit card company is anti-gun. (They have refused and cancelled business accounts for small gun shops in the past)

Cabelas lost me when they were bought out by Bass Pro. I went into a Cabelas up in Montana back 2019 and thought I was in a Bass Pro - cheap clothing store feel. I do as much as I can with online payments. But, still almost forgot to pay my truck insurance the other day. And, State Farm didn't even send me a polite reminder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KlaudiaCha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]