What is the best place for Kudu or Eland + other PG hunting?

When I spoke to them recently, they favored a plains game only area in southern zim but never mention nyakasanga. They have nyala in this area which interested me. I really want a shorter plains game hunt before my next DG hunt, but Zim isn’t the quickest to get to. My eyes are really focusing on Tanzania for DG so I can hunt multiple buffalo as well as a pretty large selection of plains game.
if I was only on a PG hunt Zim would not be it. DG plus PG absolutely! I would go to SA and hunt with @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. You will find very nice Eland and Kudu and will work your butt off getting them. Better be in shape going up and down mountains. Incredible value and family as well

if I was only on a PG hunt Zim would not be it. DG plus PG absolutely! I would go to SA and hunt with @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. You will find very nice Eland and Kudu and will work your butt off getting them. Better be in shape going up and down mountains. Incredible value and family as well
I don’t think I will ever hunt a fenced property

I don’t think I will ever hunt a fenced property
No problem. I thought the same thing so went to Zim this year on 2 million acres no fences. Just my POV only. While I thoroughly enjoyed it I found the experience was absolutely no better than my SA experiences. I have just found it is not the size of the property or fence or no fence but the quality of the hunt. I honestly worked harder for my cape buff hunt in SA than I did in Zim. Just me

No problem. I thought the same thing so went to Zim this year on 2 million acres no fences. Just my POV only. While I thoroughly enjoyed it I found the experience was absolutely no better than my SA experiences. I have just found it is not the size of the property or fence or no fence but the quality of the hunt. I honestly worked harder for my cape buff hunt in SA than I did in Zim. Just me
The size of property or how hard the hunt is really has no weight on my feeling for most of these fenced properties. The practices within those fences is what makes me not interested. If I do hunt a property like that, it will probably be Namibia, and have mix of free range as well as low fence hunting .

If I were to do it in SA the moons would have to be pretty aligned.

At risk of repeating a previous suggestion, here are some areas that’d check the boxes for what you’re seeking…

Coutada 9 in Mozambique, Mokore Safaris. This totally unfenced concession has large plains game populations and includes 4 members of the spiral horns (Greater Kudu, Livingstone Eland, East African Bushbuck & Nyala) plus Sable and other plains game. You’ll see buffalo and lions, but I don’t think there are many elephants there, if any.

Save Valley, Bubye Valkey & Nuanetsi Conservancies - This trio of Zimbabwe conservancies are each fenced but they number in the hundreds of thousands of unfenced acres inside. Each conservancy has multiple safari operators & PH’s who operate there. Plains game abounds on each but so does the Big Five on each as well.

NKWE Safaris, Tholo Safaris & Bokamoso Safaris in Botswana. Each of these operators provide high quality plains game hunts in central to southern Botswana. (Tholo & Nkwe also hunt elephants in the north, don’t know if Bokamoso does). They’re fenced but huge properties like the Zim conservancies. Excellent plains game hunting but I’m not sure any of them have much dangerous game, other than cats. I just don’t know about DG on these properties.

There are certainly other options but I believe you’d find any of these to be places to provide a great hunt and overall experience.

Lots of good information here. Botswana is a great place for what you’re looking for but SA and Namibia are traditionally going to be less costly.
Whatever you do go after Eland first as upon success you will be feasting on my favorite game animal. Good luck on your search.

HH

What area would you recommend?

This. I hunted with NKWE and it was everything I could have asked for. Absolutely professional staff, wild area, tons of game, with animals literally so close to my tent at night that I could smell them and hear them chewing on grass.

Also a great value.

Give them a call. Gigantic Kudu…

I will try to clarify the relationship between Tholo (Clive) Bokomoso (once owned by Jaco’s dad) and Nkwe Safaris (Jaco).Tholo is owned by Clive who Jaco was a PH for 17 years before forming his own Safari company Nkwe. If Jaco’s dad had not sold Bokomoso to a Spaniard, there would be no Nkwe Safaris. Ghanzi is some of the finest Kudu and Eland hunting in Africa. In May I will be hunting again with Jaco at Nkwe Safaris. Basically you just pick your poison and you have a shot at the kudu and eland of your dreams!!!!
I love the “Botswana Way”

I will try to clarify the relationship between Tholo (Clive) Bokomoso (once owned by Jaco’s dad) and Nkwe Safaris (Jaco).Tholo is owned by Clive who Jaco was a PH for 17 years before forming his own Safari company Nkwe. If Jaco’s dad had not sold Bokomoso to a Spaniard, there would be no Nkwe Safaris. Ghanzi is some of the finest Kudu and Eland hunting in Africa. In May I will be hunting again with Jaco at Nkwe Safaris. Basically you just pick your poison and you have a shot at the kudu and eland of your dreams!!!!
I love the “Botswana Way”

Werner Lombard manages Bokamoso for the Spaniard who bought it from Jaco’s dad. Werner is a heck of an elephant hunter in his own right. I first met him in 2013 on a buffalo and elephant hunt in NG43.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianneGr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]