What do you call this cat?

I’d call it a “catamount”, but I’m from the 16th Engineer Battalion - Semper Altimo!

@Bullthrower338.
I didn't need the lesson mate but appreciate the simplicity of your lesson and personally feel you are correct.
We don't have mountain loins in Australia but have plenty of cougars. These can get pretty vicious at times especially with each other when being stalked by toy boys in pumas in their natural environment (bars). The higher quality cougar much prefer to be stalked by toy boys in nike as they appear to make better financial partners for mating purposes.
Bob
Love your analogy.

- Cougar sometimes Mountain Lion
- Saskatchewan, Canada

Puma.
Southern Europe, Croatia

Last edited:
Oh Skinnersblade, what that Catamount could do for you! And it doesn't involve ammo or reloading components. But it may renew the push feed vs. CRF debate?
@CoElkHunter
I would call it a mountain cougar because he could spend the night mounting the cougar.
Bob

To answer these 2 questions

1. I alternate between mountain lion and cougar

2. I'm from NY
1. raiona maunga
2. NZ
It was thought that there were panthers in NZ from a release but they turned out to be just very large common cats. I shoot them in the wild because of their destructive nature on ground-nesting native birds.

Panther, if in Mississippi. And yes I have seen one in MS, even though the MS Game and Fish denies they exist in the state.
I saw a black one and called my game department. They told me it was probably a bear. I explained I had never seen a bear with a three foot long tail. They just dismissed it. Wouldn't even come look at the tracks in the dirt. I have see plenty of bears some a lot closer than I cared for. I know what I saw.

what do you call this cat

pussy....i guess??

Funny story I found on these cats !
Screenshot_20210401-072440_Chrome.jpg

There is a great article in March-April 2021 Spirting Classics magazine by Roger Pinckney called “The Comeback Cat.” Worth looking up if all you all have a minute or ten.

I saw a black one and called my game department. They told me it was probably a bear. I explained I had never seen a bear with a three foot long tail. They just dismissed it. Wouldn't even come look at the tracks in the dirt. I have see plenty of bears some a lot closer than I cared for. I know what I saw.
According to the Missouri Game Department no melanistic mountain lion has ever been found in North or South America.

I went to college to be a wildlife biologist, but I don't currently work in that profession. I never read anything about melanistic or luscitic mountain lions in my entire life. I often read big game ecology papers, and other white papers on big cats. I am no authority on big cats, but I doubt it was a mountain lion either. There are a ton of exotic big cats in the USA. Something like 15,000 under fence, could have been a variety of other things as melanistic versions of leopards and jaguars do exist.

I believe your sighting, and I wonder what it really was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfsdgsdfafd

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]