What Brass Are You Hunting For?

Only thing that I cannot find right now is the .450-400 3" NE (preferably Hornady). Although I suppose one could order loaded ammo and keep the brass for reloading (at 2x or 3x the price).

If you had asked me two weeks ago, the list would have also included .300 H&H, .375 H&H, and .348 Winchester. But I lucked into all of those in the past couple of weeks; a combination of recent manufacture and new old stock. Apparently the kids are cleaning out grandpa's reloading room as they were located at gun shows and estate sales.

404 Jeffery. How much are you getting?
Enough for everyone here that's shown interest. I'm going to make sure that it's available to hand loaders before any B2B sales. This will be the first place I post that it's available.

Enough for everyone here that's shown interest. I'm going to make sure that it's available to hand loaders before any B2B sales. This will be the first place I post that it's available.
You have not commented on 450/400. 3”….

Is it really impossible to obtain? ( other than loaded ammo)

You have not commented on 450/400. 3”….

Is it really impossible to obtain? ( other than loaded ammo)
I could potentially import it from Bertram if Bruce had any in stock, but to be honest, I think it's way more practical to just get some of the available Hornady ammo as a starting point. I don't have a direct relationship with Hornady like I do with some of the smaller companies, so I'm not sure when they'll release just brass again.

You guys came through on the impossible to get 338-378 Wby at an awesome price! Keep up the good work! 9.3x64 and 22 Hornet would be sweet!

I found some loaded .300 H&H along with some
Primed brass. I think I’m allowed to ship primed brass and would be happy to pull the bullets and dump the powder on the loaded rounds if anyone
Needs it. Just pay for shipping. I don’t see myself getting into a .300 H&H again.

I really appreciate customer input and feedback -- your requests and recommendations have helped shape the product line that we currently have.

A few new opportunities have started to present themselves, and I'd like to solicit some feedback regarding what reloading components (specifically brass), you'd like to see in the future.

This is what we currently have on the way (all norma unless otherwise listed):

270 WSM - Available to buy now - starts shipping tomorrow
6.8 Western (ADG) - August
17 Rem - August
458 Lott - August
458 Win Mag - August
7.62x54R - August
9.3x62 - August
404 Jeffery - August
470 Nitro Express - August
7x57 - December
500 Nitro Express - January
.330 Dakota

You guys came through on the impossible to get 338-378 Wby at an awesome price! Keep up the good work! 9.3x64 and 22 Hornet would be sweet!
I didn't realize how desirable the 9x64 was... I'll see about adding that to the list. I wish I could get more 338-378... The 22 Hornet should be good.

In the meantime, I've got some an exceptional price on some 55gr Sierra Gamekings that might be popular with 22 cal fans... they should arrive tomorrow and will be part of the 4th of July sale.

I could potentially import it from Bertram if Bruce had any in stock, but to be honest, I think it's way more practical to just get some of the available Hornady ammo as a starting point. I don't have a direct relationship with Hornady like I do with some of the smaller companies, so I'm not sure when they'll release just brass again.
I see there is a Bertram-USA importer already. Are you still be able to get some if they have it?

Last edited:
I see there is a Bertram-USA importer already. I old you still be able to get some if they have it?
Bruce reached out to me because he said that they stopped doing business with the old importer. I have not imported any Bertram products yet. If there is a Bertram specific wishlist that this community has I’d be interested to hear it.

Bruce reached out to me because he said that they stopped doing business with the old importer. I have not imported any Bertram products yet. If there is a Bertram specific wishlist that this community has I’d be interested to hear it.
That’s interesting. Their website doesn’t say that… and last I emailed them a few months ago they said they were “waiting for a shipment” that they had no idea when it would come :)

I was trying to get some 6.5 WSM head stamped brass just to have. I did order the 270 wsm from you and will just size it down for now.

The big one for me would be 450/400 3” - have not seen it.

Also do they make 375, and 416 Ruger?

.400 and .465 Holland and Holland brass.

That’s interesting. Their website doesn’t say that… and last I emailed them a few months ago they said they were “waiting for a shipment” that they had no idea when it would come :)

I was trying to get some 6.5 WSM head stamped brass just to have. I did order the 270 wsm from you and will just size it down for now.

The big one for me would be 450/400 3” - have not seen it.

Also do they make 375, and 416 Ruger?
Yeah, I don't know the details, so I can't comment. 375 Ruger is on Bruce's product list, but not 416 Ruger. I don't know how much Bruce has (if any) of each caliber they make. Betram makes a lot of calibers. To be honest, there's a lot of stuff on his list I've never even heard of... but there are also calibers on the list that folks have asked for that other companies aren't making...

Thanks for your 270 WSM order.

Yeah, I don't know the details, so I can't comment. 375 Ruger is on Bruce's product list, but not 416 Ruger. I don't know how much Bruce has (if any) of each caliber they make. Betram makes a lot of calibers. To be honest, there's a lot of stuff on his list I've never even heard of... but there are also calibers on the list that folks have asked for that other companies aren't making...

Thanks for your 270 WSM order.
If I recall there was a company VA silent arsenal that was sort of importing Bertram for their WSM wildcat rifles. In my experience they were very cocky/stuck up on themselves and very poor customer service. Came into the long range shooting scene and forums and quickly wore out their welcome.

Last I checked it’s impossible to call them and email responses only when they get around to it, and short terse responses…

If you have the option to get Bertram into the US would be an upgrade for sure. I can’t speak to the market but if you can get all the Hornady stuff they won’t make, pretty sure it will sell

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonnieMors

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.
Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!