What are the best grip caps you have seen?

towserthemouser

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe
What is the coolest or most appealing grip cap engraving you have seen? (Photos appreciated)

Also, what are the most useful or interesting things you have seen stored in a grip cap?

I once saw one, where the entire grip cap was a reproduction of an elephants footprint.
Not in bullino, but carved, with lots of ridges.
I have no picture though.

What is the coolest or most appealing grip cap engraving you have seen? (Photos appreciated)

Also, what are the most useful or interesting things you have seen stored in a grip cap?
extra front sights. maybe even a ghost ring.

The grip cap of my Adams & Co .577 BPE hammer double. It’s got an extra front sight blade.

1728942983727.jpeg

1728943072978.jpeg

1728943105451.jpeg

Ed Z

In general I like the trap door versions. But engraved. Grip caps are so useful in protecting the stock you'd think they'd be on all guns. But they seem to be going out of style

Great post! My 2008 Merkel DR in 470NE has a plastic grip cap, which is the only aesthetic aspect of it that I don't like. I have emailed the company as well as the US rep but have not yet received a response as to alternative options? If anyone know an alternative that would easily fit I would greatly appreciate it?

Great post! My 2008 Merkel DR in 470NE has a plastic grip cap, which is the only aesthetic aspect of it that I don't like. I have emailed the company as well as the US rep but have not yet received a response as to alternative options? If anyone know an alternative that would easily fit I would greatly appreciate it?
Thank you! Looking for ideas and inspiration, and already finding some good ones.

Get a blank steel grip cap and have someone engrave a scene to your liking.
EJ

Love the wood carved detail around the edges, and the steel engraving in the center. Beautiful M70.

Thanks, a good friend is the engraving assessor for the gunmakers guild. He kindly did the engraving on this rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RalphDuCro

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is jdfan@proton.me

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!