What are my options for a current production crf 375 h&h rifle?

Would a blaser r8 be any more/less reliable than a current production m70?
I just have gotten into the Blaser R8 game. While I am loving it they do have their pros and cons.
Pros
For me cool as hell. (This is subjective)

Fastest reloading

I believe as reliable as traditional CRF rifle

About 4 inches shorter than the same traditional rifle the the same length barrel.

Multiple barrels make combo hunts a breeze.

Cons
Eye watering expensive. Not just rifle itself barrels are $1100 and up. Scope mounts are $450 each.
Good luck. I went through the same process. Beema has a beautiful CZ550 he has been trying to sell that while not cheap would everything anyone could want

Beema has a beautiful CZ550 he has been trying to sell that while not cheap would everything anyone could want
I’ve not had a CZ550 for about 4 years but @Altitude sickness does.

Need to clarify something about the Blaser R8. Technically it is a push-feed action. However I have cycled the action upside down very slowly and the cartridges have never come out.

Next is cost. Yes, the Blaser is expensive but I would also argue that you are getting a high end DG ready rifle for about the same money as a Dakota 76.

I just have gotten into the Blaser R8 game. While I am loving it they do have their pros and cons.
Pros
For me cool as hell. (This is subjective)

Fastest reloading

I believe as reliable as traditional CRF rifle

About 4 inches shorter than the same traditional rifle the the same length barrel.

Multiple barrels make combo hunts a breeze.

Cons
Eye watering expensive. Not just rifle itself barrels are $1100 and up. Scope mounts are $450 each.
Good luck. I went through the same process. Beema has a beautiful CZ550 he has been trying to sell that while not cheap would everything anyone could want
I don’t recall anyone ever saying you need to take an R8 to a smith to make a reliable accurate shooter. 98s and 70s are excellent rifles. But most I know spend R8 money to turn them into what they want

Find a kimber caprivi, or win m70. The other alternative is to change your budget and get somewhere between 5-10k, buy a rifle of a lifetime and use it a lot for a long time.

R8’s are pretty cool and very functional IMO but I truly don’t understand why R8 guys are always trying so hard to convince other guys that they are the way to go.

Find a kimber caprivi, or win m70. The other alternative is to change your budget and get somewhere between 5-10k, buy a rifle of a lifetime and use it a lot for a long time.

R8’s are pretty cool and very functional IMO but I truly don’t understand why R8 guys are always trying so hard to convince other guys that they are the way to go.
Just answering the questions. I care not if you own one or not. But it's clear you never have

OP asked about current production : add Bergara to that list.

Just answering the questions. I care not if you own one or not. But it's clear you never have
Actually was a sales rep for them for about 4 years, so yes I have owned them, trained people on them and sold them to dealers. It’s a good rifle, nothing wrong with them but they truly are a Frankenstein gun, come off automated machines in parts then assembled. Comparing an r8 to a custom Mauser that some guy spent a lifetime developing the skill to build properly is not a comparison, it’s a contrast.

OP asked about current production : add Bergara to that list.
Bergera actions are push-feed and have dual extractors. OP is looking for a CRF but they are good quality rifles.

Do they make a DG legal rifle? I didn’t see anything on their website bigger than .30 caliber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul K

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?