Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Temp not the problem today just the hurricane coming in. I really hate these things but price of admission for living in this area.

My girlfriend and her sister drove in her Jeep to Keller, TX to visit their dad over the weekend. She was overly stressed due to the heat with temperatures hitting over 120F on the way. She was extremely concerned about consequences of a breakdown in that heat with help being hours away.

They were going to start the drive back on Friday. She looked at the weather where it will hit 130F at places under the “heat dome”. She was freaking out.

They bought airline tickets to come back on Saturday. The car will stay at her dad’s until the weather cools down. Her other sister and BIL had moved to Dallas area and when her BIL comes to visit her nephew at Camp Pendleton he will drive the car back.

Central Florida. Mid 90's as usual for this time of year. But the humidity is crazy even for us. Yesterday I tried to hit golf balls and after a few swings my grips were so wet with sweat it was running down the shafts. At least I had an excuse for the bad shots!

1720821514995.png

Yesterday when I left work the temp guage in my truck read 112°, drove into the middle of a monsoon storm on the way home, and the temp dropped to 65°.
Almost a 50° swing in temperature within 20 minutes.

Yesterday when I left work the temp guage in my truck read 112°, drove into the middle of a monsoon storm on the way home, and the temp dropped to 65°.
Almost a 50° swing in temperature within 20 minutes.
Welcome to Arizona lol Thank goodness you didn’t run into a Haboob!!!

Typically, those Haboobs will be north of Tucson up in that corridor on the way to Casa Grande/ Phoenix
Yup been caught in several between Tucson and Casa Grande and then again just north of the rest stop north of Casa Grande but south of Firebird Raceway…
They are unsettling to say the least! You are just waiting to be plowed over by a 18 Wheeler!!!

Day after day of 115-120 degrees in Las Vegas. I'm not going to miss this Summer when it goes.

Well it's the first week of September and much of the country has seen those first signs of Autumn.......but not in Arizona. It was around 110 here yesterday and the next few days aren't a whole lot better. So for those of you who cursed my name, put a dagger in a short overweight doll made in my likeness, threw darts at my picture and/or had bad thoughts about me when reporting winter weather here in Phoenix......smile, I've received my comeuppance. However this too shall soon pass.....at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Well it's the first week of September and much of the country has seen those first signs of Autumn.......but not in Arizona. It was around 110 here yesterday and the next few days aren't a whole lot better. So for those of you who cursed my name, put a dagger in a short overweight doll made in my likeness, threw darts at my picture and/or had bad thoughts about me when reporting winter weather here in Phoenix......smile, I've received my comeuppance. However this too shall soon pass.....at least that's what I keep telling myself.
I have a harder time in the summer @ work than most winters. 90* & humidity.

There was a winter, 2016 perhaps? It never got above zero for well over a month. I'll never forget getting called for assignments, -30 on the bank, 45 below wind. The cars heat was luke warm the ride home.

1725721461526.png

1725721514842.png

Phil, your post reminds me of 18 years when I brought baseball teams down to Peoria to compete in USA Baseballs 17u Championships. We always figured if it was under 110 it was just a warm day, 111-115 was a hot day, 116-118 was F*cking hot and the days over 118 were the “Are we really playing baseball in this furnace?” days. Hottest ever was around 2017 or 18 when we came off ones of the Dodgers fields in Glendale and it was 123 degrees. Sky Harbor had shut down all departing flights, but we played baseball.

When we’d come down to play in October the weather was usually pretty good, hottest days mid-90’s but most days cooler. Occasional rain.

Tons of great memories associated with playing baseball in the Valley of the Sun. 12 of my guys were invited to tryout for Team USA and 6 of those guys wore the USA uniform in international competition.

Phil, your post reminds me of 18 years when I brought baseball teams down to Peoria to compete in USA Baseballs 17u Championships. We always figured if it was under 110 it was just a warm day, 111-115 was a hot day, 116-118 was F*cking hot and the days over 118 were the “Are we really playing baseball in this furnace?” days. Hottest ever was around 2017 or 18 when we came off ones of the Dodgers fields in Glendale and it was 123 degrees. Sky Harbor had shut down all departing flights, but we played baseball.

When we’d come down to play in October the weather was usually pretty good, hottest days mid-90’s but most days cooler. Occasional rain.

Tons of great memories associated with playing baseball in the Valley of the Sun. 12 of my guys were invited to tryout for Team USA and 6 of those guys wore the USA uniform in international competition.

I remember that year too. The previous year IIRC was actually one of our coolest summers with a great monsoon season. I love a good monsoon season, the humidity is up but the temps are down. This was followed by easily the hottest summer I've endured here.

This summer hasn't set heat records but the monsoon hasn't done much. Well the wind blew quite a bit. I had to spend about $2000 between a roof repair and having a palo verde tree removed. I miss that tree, it was large and on the SW side of the property providing some shade. Now the backyard looks naked.

If it's one thing we do well in Phoenix, it's baseball. My older son was in club ball for awhile. He got to play on the A's, Angels and I think the Reds spring training fields.

I have a harder time in the summer @ work than most winters. 90* & humidity.

There was a winter, 2016 perhaps? It never got above zero for well over a month. I'll never forget getting called for assignments, -30 on the bank, 45 below wind. The cars heat was luke warm the ride home.

View attachment 632154
View attachment 632155

As I tell my friends/coworkers who talk about how we're at least never cold, "I can always dress to overcome being cold, but I can only be so naked and if I'm still hot, I'm screwed." It doesn't help to even have a pool as the water will be so warm it's like getting into a big bathtub.

The funny thing is you do acclimate up to a point. But then you lose your cold weather tolerance. Myself not included, I see so many donning gloves, hats and winter parkas when the temps drop into the "frigid" 60's and they complain about how cold it is. You can't help but wonder, "WTF is the point of this?"

Needless to say I'm looking forward to retiring back to Idaho where I moved here from. Long glorious days in the summer. Cold weather for sure, but that just makes the waterfowl hunting that much better. A trip to DSC and SCI with an extended stay somewhere say like the Gulf Shores in Alabama and I'll be just fine.

As I tell my friends/coworkers who talk about how we're at least never cold, "I can always dress to overcome being cold, but I can only be so naked and if I'm still hot, I'm screwed." It doesn't help to even have a pool as the water will be so warm it's like getting into a big bathtub.

The funny thing is you do acclimate up to a point. But then you lose your cold weather tolerance. Myself not included, I see so many donning gloves, hats and winter parkas when the temps drop into the "frigid" 60's and they complain about how cold it is. You can't help but wonder, "WTF is the point of this?"

Needless to say I'm looking forward to retiring back to Idaho where I moved here from. Long glorious days in the summer. Cold weather for sure, but that just makes the waterfowl hunting that much better. A trip to DSC and SCI with an extended stay somewhere say like the Gulf Shores in Alabama and I'll be just fine.
Hasn’t gotten much above 80 here on the coast this week, been cloudy, windy and rainy all week. It’s been wonderful and some teal are showing up just in time for the special season next week.
@PHOENIX PHIL if you do visit Gulf Shores give me a call.

We have had 80F for the last few days, this after a wet and cool August. Oh well, I was laid up with Covid for most of the month.:mad:

110°F isn't that the average fall temps?

Get the flannel, long johns, and winter clothing out.

Next you'll be complaining you'll be glad when this cold weather is over and summer is back.
:E Rofl::E Rofl:

Sorry......Not Really......Just couldn't resist. :cool::LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avaxdsmith

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]