Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Temp not the problem today just the hurricane coming in. I really hate these things but price of admission for living in this area.

My girlfriend and her sister drove in her Jeep to Keller, TX to visit their dad over the weekend. She was overly stressed due to the heat with temperatures hitting over 120F on the way. She was extremely concerned about consequences of a breakdown in that heat with help being hours away.

They were going to start the drive back on Friday. She looked at the weather where it will hit 130F at places under the “heat dome”. She was freaking out.

They bought airline tickets to come back on Saturday. The car will stay at her dad’s until the weather cools down. Her other sister and BIL had moved to Dallas area and when her BIL comes to visit her nephew at Camp Pendleton he will drive the car back.

Central Florida. Mid 90's as usual for this time of year. But the humidity is crazy even for us. Yesterday I tried to hit golf balls and after a few swings my grips were so wet with sweat it was running down the shafts. At least I had an excuse for the bad shots!

1720821514995.png

Yesterday when I left work the temp guage in my truck read 112°, drove into the middle of a monsoon storm on the way home, and the temp dropped to 65°.
Almost a 50° swing in temperature within 20 minutes.

Yesterday when I left work the temp guage in my truck read 112°, drove into the middle of a monsoon storm on the way home, and the temp dropped to 65°.
Almost a 50° swing in temperature within 20 minutes.
Welcome to Arizona lol Thank goodness you didn’t run into a Haboob!!!

Typically, those Haboobs will be north of Tucson up in that corridor on the way to Casa Grande/ Phoenix
Yup been caught in several between Tucson and Casa Grande and then again just north of the rest stop north of Casa Grande but south of Firebird Raceway…
They are unsettling to say the least! You are just waiting to be plowed over by a 18 Wheeler!!!

Day after day of 115-120 degrees in Las Vegas. I'm not going to miss this Summer when it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minerva646