Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Tahoe! Incline Village to be precise. ;)
Jump in the lake. Tube down the Truckee River. I did that once. 109 at that elevation is ridiculous!

It's partly cloudy and 70 degrees here in the Heart of the Colombian Coffee Zone. We had beautiful weather this past weekend for our town's "Calle de Cafe" (Street of Coffee). Typical year around weather with highs in the 70's with lows at night in the 50's. We had over 50 local farmers presenting their coffees from the most recent harvest. The coffee here is some of the finest in the world. I am very biased on that, but they have the international awards to support it. This coffee is much different (better) than the industrialized blended versions you get at your local coffee shops in the US. If anyone is ever interested in visiting a real coffee growing town and its local farms, or you just have a question about coffee, please PM me.

I will share some photos from this weekend with you. We had typical dances, local music, brewing and coffee cocktail competition, coffee seminars and of course a lot of coffee. Mama and I sponsored the competitions, and I was a judge in some events. We offset all the caffeine with lots of partying each night. We shut all the bars down last night/this morning. I just went and checked Mama's pulse. :LOL:

View from our balcony this morning
Apia today.jpg

Ad for a local coffee farm (that is their daughter)
coffee ad.JPG

Manuela, 11 years old Barista Junior National Champion. Please follow her on Instagram if you like coffee
Manuela 11 years old barista.jpg

Miss Coffee International, the current Juan Valdez and the President of The Colombian Coffee Growers Federation for Risaralda
Miss Cafe w Juan Valdez.jpg

Miss Coffee Jr with her family's coffee
Miss Coffee Jr.JPG

Genuine Willys "Cafetero Yipaos" (Coffee farmers Jeeps). The US put a Jeep factory here for Colombia to make Jeeps for the Allies during WW2. Colombia has been an active Ally of the USA going back to the 19th century.
Yipao.JPG

Yipao2.JPG

Safe travels and remember to drink certified Colombian coffee!

For all of you in the lower 48 frying like so much bacon in a pan, we have had a cool/wet summer across SW Alaska. Cool as in we have seldom topped 60. Global warming is but a rumor, and an unsubstantiated one at that. I am taking off tomorrow and Wednesday to go to my remote cabin for the first time this summer. I have projects to work on and I am already dreading it: it's supposed to be 75. I'm going to sweat my arse off. To paraphrase that trash/treasure adage, one man's heat wave is another man's winter...

94F, but only 15% humidity today. Hottest day here this summer by far as we too have had an exceptionally rainy and cooler summer than normal. Glad we finally got AC. Wish I was in Africa in 0c. LOL

64* here today, good temperature

We ended up with a high of 95 today.

Time to head up to 10,000 feet

We were over 100 degrees again today. My girls were in Colorado over the weekend for a baseball game and a concert, they said it was hot until the evening and then it turned off a bit nicer. I really hate the entire month of July
Snow in joberg! My luck I would’ve been trying to land in that mess

It's mid 90s during the day here in the mountains 20 miles north of the border. Monsoons are here and I am loving it... good for us and good for the quail!

Mearns quail need the late summer rains. . . Maybe I will go south for a visit

It was 110ºf today. Last week it hit 117ºf at my house here in Bakersfield, California
Wait 'til August. The Central Valley will be hotter than a four-balled tomcat. :Jawdrop:

Been in the mid 70's for a week but today we had some early showers and topped out at about 68F.

Supposed to be 111-112 the next 4 days. Add the humidity from todays rain, and it will be brutal tomorrow. Ugh.

108 here today in N. TX.

Just experienced the most wicked hail storm I've ever been through in all my years in Arizona.
I went out to try and cover some things up, and got the crap beat out of me in a very short period of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeramyHead

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!