Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

@CoElkHunter your dang Colorado Low sure made a mess up here in Saskatchewan!!!
05548C31-E671-4726-A5FA-8A3CCDEB166D.jpeg

BD05F9BA-41F0-44D6-AD45-6BFDB29C218B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@CoElkHunter your dang Colorado Low sure made a mess up here in Saskatchewan!!!
View attachment 496267
View attachment 496266
Yep, that's a mess for October! Glad it's you and not me! LOL The mountains here got some snow, but we just had a bit of cold here (28F low). Since I've lived in Colorado, the two biggest snowstorms were in late October. Two feet in town (3' where I lived just north) in '97 and 21" in '06. Won't happen this year, but we're DUE.

You won't believe it, but here in Rome today October 24th, still is 27°/28° during the day - more than 10° the everage temp for the season. The same in the past weeks, and following the forecast, the same for the next 10 days at least.
Great for turists, but so strange, and definitely a bad signal...

Just got back last night from a pronghorn hunt in southeast Alberta on friday, was 50F weather and there was a 30mph wind on day one, by day 3 it calmed down. Day four brought success, day five the wind turned from the north, wind at 50 mph and temp dropping to freezing. Day 6 brought snow and howling wind with snow drifts to three feet deep and temp down to the mid to low teens. Happy to have gotten a good pronghorn when I did.

Hey Bob @Bob Nelson 35Whelen , do you have anything like this in the Australian Alps?
@CoElkHunter
Yes mate we do. We also have sun chasers that go to the snow with those silver emergency silver thermal blankets and topless sun bake so the don't have tan lines.
Women is a strange breed of cattle. I can't understand them.
Bob

The high today here was 29. The low tonight 7, minus any windchill. Tomorrow, the high is 18. The San Francisco 49ers are practicing at the Air Force Academy here through the next couple of days in our altitude to prepare for their game against the Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City on Monday. They'll freeze their asses off tomorrow! LOL
Oh yeah, I forgot the 2-3"of snow here overnight. It'll just add to their fun! LOL

Last edited:
I’m wearing shorts but also a sweatshirt as I write this from my deck……doing my best to impersonate an African PH.

I’m wearing shorts but also a sweatshirt as I write this from my deck……doing my best to impersonate an African PH.
When you get the chance, go out and walk through some mesquite bushes and scratch your legs up. That'll get you closer to Africa from your own home. LOL

When you get the chance, go out and walk through some mesquite bushes and scratch your legs up. That'll get you closer to Africa from your own home. LOL
LOL…..but no.

CEH
Light freeze at night and then sunny 55-60 degree days.
So pleasant that we got in a few hours work on the Alpine brakes. Gonna charge the battery tomorrow and then invite a couple friends over to hear it start and run some.
Next it will be inspected and then the real fun starts. Love the sound of that 3/4 race V6 !

Oh. yeah, I booked the exotic hunt for later this year. Trying out .458 DR.

Forecast for 6:30am tomorrow on the Eastern Plains of Colorado archery deer camp is 7 degrees Fahrenheit. Yikes! Kind of hard to bow kill a buck from the truck!

I’m getting dressed up to head out into this right now. This is Celsius so I guess 7 Fahrenheit. It’s been a chilly week. Looks to be warming up though.

444D8D82-BE93-4383-85FE-15716FFC1B81.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay A Huminsky

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg