Wanted Blaser R8 Stock

AES

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi, guys. I am going to buy an additional Blaser stock so that I don’t ruin my good wood for a pretty harsh hunt I have coming up. Obviously, I can switch everything over so am just looking for the actual butt-end of the thing. Let me know what you have. Thanks..

Check on GunBroker.com, sometimes a used one pops up.

I was insanely lucky about a year ago to see one pop up just as I was on it. It was an "as new" PH stock with steel receiver that was sold at the price of an alloy receiver one. I bought it instantly. That thing may have been posted for a grand total of 2 minutes :E Rofl:

Otherwise, the best source price wise ($1,550) is Cove Creek but they are currently sold out https://www.covecreekoutfitters.com/product/blaser-r8-professional-stock-receiver-only/

Mad Dog has them for $2,005

And of course Euro Optics has them, but they are the most expensive (as usual) for $2,175 !?!?!?!?!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.41.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.41.50 AM.png
    951.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.41.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.41.52 AM.png
    517.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.00 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.01 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.05 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.14 AM.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.42.16 AM.png
    488.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
+1 on cove creek. Bob Turkovich is a great guy.

might as well get another whole rifle… then you have spare parts and a new barrel.

You may also want to check out Blaserbuds.com classified section. You need to sign up to be able to view their classified section.

It’s tough finding Blaser stuff used. Good luck.

I have a Blaser R8 rifle 300 Win
Left stock , left bolt, right bolt, right stock grade 4, action complete.
Hard case, 30mm rings and mount, Blaser for sale 14,000. Total all in
Investment... sell for 7500.

Hunt was pushed a year back so I am now gearing up for this September. Please let me know if anyone has a stock for sale or a 9.3x62 barrel. Thanks.

Give me a day or so to try and talk myself into selling my stock. It is the Savanah Brown, and I don't think it is bad looking. I'll look for marks and dings when I get to the house. I can send pics in PM if you hit me up

@Glenn Slaven - check your tan stock to see if the receiver is steel or aluminum. All the PH stocks were tan and came with the 16 oz kickstop. Obviously there are exceptions, but the price is very different for the PH.

@Glenn Slaven - check your tan stock to see if the receiver is steel or aluminum. All the PH stocks were tan and came with the 16 oz kickstop. Obviously there are exceptions, but the price is very different for the PH.
Mines the cheapo aluminum. My wife may have talked me out of selling. It was rifle I took on first safari with the Pops. Idk.

Please enlighten me! What should I be looking for?
In general, you want an aluminum receiver to keep the weight of the rifle down. The steel receiver was put into the Professional Hunter stock to mitigate some of the recoil generated by the larger calibers, however the aluminum receiver is capable of handling any cartridge in the R8 catalog. I have found that a steel receiver and kickstop is not necessary (for me) with a 375H&H or a 416RM. Above that, I'd at least want the kickstop to add some weight to the backside because the 22mm barrel profile adds so much weight to the front.

Your best bet is BlaserBuds.com for a used stock. However if you properly prepared your timber stock, it would be perfectly capable of withstanding nearly any weather for up to a week. Of course some TLC will be needed on the backside of the trip...but it's still and option.

If it were me, I'd buy a whole R8 complete and explain to my wife that it was the only option I had to get a synthetic stock. Find one in 300WM and you will have matching bolt heads for the 375H&H. This would further reduce the number of parts you have, allowing you to sell the 30-06 and associated bolt head. It would also compensate you for some the money you spent on the complete 300WM rifle. I call that a "win-win".

Last edited:
In general, you want an aluminum receiver to keep the weight of the rifle down. The steel receiver was put into the Professional Hunter stock to mitigate some of the recoil generated by the larger calibers, however the aluminum receiver is capable of handling any cartridge in the R8 catalog. I have found that a steel receiver and kickstop is not necessary (for me) with a 375H&H or a 416RM. Above that, I'd at least want the kickstop to add some weight to the backside because the 22mm barrel profile adds so much weight to the front.

Your best bet is BlaserBuds.com for a used stock. However if you properly prepared your timber stock, it would be perfectly capable of withstanding nearly any weather for up to a week. Of course some TLC will be needed on the backside of the trip...but it's still and option.

If it were me, I'd buy a whole R8 complete and explain to my wife that it was the only option I had to get a synthetic stock. Find one in 300WM and you will have matching bolt heads for the 375H&H. This would further reduce the number of parts you have, allowing you to sell the 30-06 and associated bolt head. It would also compensate you for some the money you spent on the complete 300WM rifle. I call that a "win-win".

Thank you for the intel. I am likely to sell my current stock. I put in a ton of effort, $ and time to track down (and repatriate) one of the Klavinius models, which I believe to be quite valuable to collectors. More valuable than it remains to me. Would prefer to not destroy a $20k stock when I could pass it along to someone who would cherish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaritzaStu

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]