Wanted 9.3x74r, Dakota #10 Or Ruger #1

The 9.3x74R is a great old cartridge. I have a Ruger #1 as well as a Merkel double rifle in the 9.3x74R. It is one of my favorite hunting cartridges.

Safe hunting

If I were you, I'd try to find a Ruger n.1, customizing it like the Heym/Ruger n.1 - in line with the tradition of the grand old catridge that 9,3x74 is

Dakota (and Parkwest) DID offer the Model 10 single shot in 9.3x62, but in their documentation I've never seen 9.3x74R listed as a caliber.

Ruger made the number 1 in 9.3x74r in the 1-S configuration in the first decade of this century and they can be found.

In addition, Cabelas did a run of Sabatti extractor double rifles in this caliber. They were ruined by being amateur regulated using a dremel. They have a CAB serial number prefix and they fetch $2400-$3000 new in box unfired. For about $500, Ken Owen specializes in turning these worthless wall hangers into excellently regulated hunting tools. So for around ~$3300, it's a great way to get a 9.3x74r double rifle.

Lastly, a fair amount of drillings were made in the 12 gauge x 12 gauge x 9.3x74r configuration in Europe. (usually Ferlachs from Austria) Nice ones can be found in the $3500-$6500 range.

I can offer you a Dakota model 10 in 7mm. Remington Magnum, if that might be of interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainbet5378

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.
RLP wrote on professor's profile.
Good morning. I am a Ruger fan myself. Have you sold to anyone on the site before? How old is the ammo?

RLP