Wanted 416, 458, 460 & 505

Sdvarminter

Reaction score
Long time looker first time poster. Planning to head to Africa in the next year or two when everything calms down. Its time to buy a rifle. I have a 373H&H but I'm looking for a true big bore. Seeing what's out there before I go to retail market. Let me know what you have. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Great place, and the nicest bunch you can find in a forum. Check the classified section here, I believe there are a couple on sale.

Welcome to the forum. Great place, and the nicest bunch you can find in a forum. Check the classified section here, I believe there are a couple on sale.
Thanks! I thought I did post it to the classifieds but my mistake. I think i moved it correctly.

Long time looker first time poster. Planning to head to Africa in the next year or two when everything calms down. Its time to buy a rifle. I have a 373H&H but I'm looking for a true big bore. Seeing what's out there before I go to retail market. Let me know what you have. Thanks!

Congrats, @Sdvarminter on your decision to get a largebore! Welcome to the group.

I have no disagreement with your interest in owning any of those calibers, but I do disagree with your “1-2 years when things calm down”. I’ve been to Africa I think ten times including three times (soon to be four) during the pandemic.

It was never calmed down. It never will be calmed down. Plans for Africa 1-2 years away are as speculative as 300 year leases. I’m not sure Africa will be there in 1-2 years rather than drifting into the seabed by then.

Get a great gun in the calibers you suggested and get busy living and start your safari journey.

Thanks! I thought I did post it to the classifieds but my mistake. I think i moved it correctly.

What I meant is for you to look in the classified section. ;)

Let me know what you have. Thanks!
It depends, on who are you (financially)
I am safari hunter on a budget. With two safairs in PG, and planning some more.
I will never shoot dozens of buffalo and elephants. If I get one of each it will be great!

So, I can shoot a buffalo, or at the best an elehant cow. Plus occasional safari on PG in south africa or namibia,
From such perspective, bolt action 375 H&H for a client is more then enough. So I have zkk 602 in 375.
It will be ok for you as well.

On the other hand, if you can afford, and if you will have multiple safaris on premium game such as elephant, buffalo, rhino, and plains game, roan, sable, bongo, mountain nyala, etc ... and if you will be hunting: tanzania, camerun, Mosambigue, ethiopia, zambia, for other top premium plains game, then other inventory may be interseting, as money is no object.
In that case, bolt actions: 338 win mag, 300 win mag, 375 HH, 416 rigby, plus double rifles for DG, at close range: in 40+ caliber, starting with heym and kreighoff, and may have a look at holland and holland, rigby, westley richards, purdey.

You want economic, bolt action in 375 will cover it all.

Hello, I have a Sisk custom Rifle on a CZ 550 Magnum in .416 Rigby with a black finish, bolt action, 23" BBL on a mcmillan stock synthetic stock with a lilja barrel. Comes with Talley detachable rings, NECG rear express sight, high viz beaded front sight, 4 round sow/perch belly magazine, weighs 9lb 13oz, comes with 6 boxes of federal premium ammo. Has a 13.5" LOP.

Its a nice rifle I took it to Africa killer a nice buffalo and don't need it anymore.

@Sdvarminter - welcome to the fold. The only downside to getting "a true big bore" as you put it - is you might not be able to stop with one. Far be it from me to discourage your plan though, they sure are a lot of fun.

I've got a nearly NIB CZ 550 in .416 Rigby, wood stocked (straight American stock), that I've shot three times. Bought it last year as part of the last runs that CZ produced. Have box, papers, et al.

PM if interested

@Sdvarminter - welcome to the fold. The only downside to getting "a true big bore" as you put it - is you might not be able to stop with one. Far be it from me to discourage your plan though, they sure are a lot of fun.

I've got a nearly NIB CZ 550 in .416 Rigby, wood stocked (straight American stock), that I've shot three times. Bought it last year as part of the last runs that CZ produced. Have box, papers, et al.

PM if interested
I sent you a PM. Thanks!

Have a 458 in a Ruger m77 Red pad think it a late 70s in excellent condition text me if you’re interested thanks [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a 458 in a Ruger m77 Red pad think it a late 70s in excellent condition text me if you’re interested thanks [redacted]
Hi @Big guy 50, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

Ok new to the online world thanks,trying to figure out this pm mr Sdvarminter pm me for more info if interested trying to send you one now have a great day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Estelle38R

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt