Wanted .318 WR Ammunition & Dies

Single Shot .410

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m looking for .318 ammo and a die set. If you have any, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Keep an eye on GI too - an ad popped up last week with 100 handloads, virgin brass, and dies for a steal. Was gone the next day.

Good luck! It's an intriguing cartridge.

CH4D had dies recently , as for brass and bullets : good luck finding brass (you can make brass from 30-06 though) and bullets are just as scarce unfortunately.

I had to google .318 WR to discover what it was....
I've been on a quest of sorts to load 8x57j with the .318 diameter bore and got a little excited from the
.318 heading.

Thanks to those who’ve replied or dm’d.

I’ve got brass and dies ordered, but it looks like good bullets aren’t available. While I wait for a run of 250 gr .330, I’d appreciate some advice.

Would .329 200 gr for 8x56R work? Those are available.

Or could/should I try to reduce some 250 gr .338 interlocks that I already have down to .330? Haven’t tried anything like that before and not sure it’s a good idea, but it appears to have been done before without issues.

Have you tried Hawke bullets?

I know people that have bought from them for oddball stuff and they do list the .318 westley richards .330 bullet as one they make.

Attachments

• Bullet Selection | Hawk Bullets.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
Yes I called them last week and they said they’d make them “later this winter”—I’m trying to figure out a solution while I wait for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathiePost