W.J. Jeffery back in business!

@spike.t Is Reto the German gunmaker that immigrated to the U.S or Canada and set up shop?

@spike.t Is Reto the German gunmaker that immigrated to the U.S or Canada and set up shop?

Bit of what Richard sent when I chatting to him...as said Paul sorted the purchase of the name from Hollands....Will let Richard who has taken over since Charles Williams retirement give the rest ...so patience as he will give all the options and up to date info and the future plans...sounds good though

Screenshot_20230116-205039_WhatsApp.jpg

Spoken to Richard and he has joined here...so he will be able to give all the information....has told me what's going on...sounds good :A Thumbs Up:

Thanks for reaching out, and for the information. I look forward to what Richard has to say.

Bit of what Richard sent when I chatting to him...as said Paul sorted the purchase of the name from Hollands....Will let Richard who has taken over since Charles Williams retirement give the rest ...so patience as he will give all the options and up to date info and the future plans...sounds good though

View attachment 511492
And Reto was building these beauties on Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser actions. Top of the line.

I certainly hope that the new W.J Jeffery will also be using G.M.A actions.

Does it follow that when an old name comes back at a hefty price that the original rifles from way back suddenly appreciate too?

Does it follow that when an old name comes back at a hefty price that the original rifles from way back suddenly appreciate too?

I certainly hope so. ;)

But wouldn't count on it.

I for one hope the bolt guns are built on German made actions. English bolt guns and German actions just go together. Not American actions..
In that case, we might both be unhappy. They will be using Mayfair Engineering Magnum Mauser actions. Ah, well. Nothing wrong with those.

Fascinating to follow the progress in bespoke English gunmaking; thanks to all concerned for apprising we mere mortals of the progress/processes involved . all but a dream for me, sadly.

If Reto is the same gunmaker that I am thinking about, I found his web site 2-4 years ago and his "Jeffery" rifles were selling for around $17000 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
If Reto is the same gunmaker that I am thinking about, I found his web site 2-4 years ago and his "Jeffery" rifles were selling for around $17000 if I remember correctly.
Saw some for lot more than that when I last saw their stand at sci

At what sort of level would a W. J. Jeffery rifle be pitched, in terms of quality and finish? Would it be a top end rifle like the Westley Richards custom we recently saw on AH, or something more like a Rigby Big Bore, nice wood but plain?

At what sort of level would a W. J. Jeffery rifle be pitched, in terms of quality and finish? Would it be a top end rifle like the Westley Richards custom we recently saw on AH, or something more like a Rigby Big Bore, nice wood but plain?

Higher end Kevin with some very nice wood

We would all hope that they would at least maintain their past high standards ..

From what I have heard there is a fantastic team of seasoned gunsmiths behind this business and they will be selling entirely British made Rigby type rifles at a fraction of the cost of those from Rigby.

They are advertising new David Lloyd rifles as well, but with an updated scope mount.

I hope it works out for them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiillmara

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg