My new Rand's hat is on the way...

I purchased an Akruba earlier this year. The Territory is a fine hat indeed. I like it very much. The price is reasonable for the high quality.
Akubra. Had a couple myself years ago.

Have an old Banana Republic safari hat from many years ago, fur felt, top quality from back when BR dealt with safari clothing.
Also have a couple of nice Stetson fedora's that I like.

Well I ordered my Rand at SCI last February. I was told it would be roughly 10 months before I had the hat. Well here it is 5 months later and my new Gallatin has arrived. In spite of the fact that some at UPS are in need of freight handling training, it all seems to be fine.

IMG_1773.jpeg

IMG_1770.jpeg

IMG_1771.jpeg

Good thing the box was marked "Fragile", "Handle with Care"

IMG_1766.jpeg

IMG_1765.jpeg

Well I ordered my Rand at SCI last February. I was told it would be roughly 10 months before I had the hat. Well here it is 5 months later and my new Gallatin has arrived. In spite of the fact that some at UPS are in need of freight handling training, it all seems to be fine.

View attachment 620820

View attachment 620821

View attachment 620822

View attachment 620823

View attachment 620824
Beautiful, I like the color.

Love that hat, Phil. Looks like a better, classier version of the Stetson Open Road, which is one of my favorite styles.

Gotta get me one. :cool:

View attachment 620820

View attachment 620821

View attachment 620822

View attachment 620823

View attachment 620824
Very nice!

Phil, what’s the beaver count on that one ?

I honestly have no idea how many beavers gave up their lives so that I may have this hat...... :)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. In all seriousness, you'd have to contact Rand for such information. I just liked the hat and sort of went with it on a whim. Normally the most likely hat you'll see me wearing is some sort of Harley Davidson ball cap.

EDIT: I said I went with it on a whim, that's not quite correct. If it weren't for this fine group of money spending enablers on this forum, I don't know that I would've made this purchase. The money may have gone to other such important things in my life like my Harley.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GabrielleB

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg