Victoria Falls July 2024

Moe324

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I decided before heading to South Africa to hunt I would take my girlfriend to Victoria Falls. I went in 2022 solo and had a blast. I really believe if you are flying all the way to Africa you should take the time to go here also. In 2022 I visited both the Zimbabwe and Zambia side of the falls, and did a day trip to Chobe National Park. Chobe was amazing doing a truck tour in the morning and then a boat tour in the afternoon.
This time we would be limited just to Zambia and Zimbabwe as Botswana never granted my girlfriend a visa, she has a Philippines passport. Americans don't need pre-approved and can get visa at boarder. We would be staying in town at a budget friendly little mom and pa cottages. I really liked my taxi driver in 2022 and saved his number in Whatsapp. So it was easy to line up our driver.
We enjoyed activities like going to both parks to see the falls. I really like the Zambia side because it has a trail you can walk down to the river on. You get a perfect view of the bridge and the bungee jumpers. It's like walking in a tropical rainforest. The moist air from the falls makes for lots of plant growth compared to the landscape away from the falls. We also took a taxi to Livingston to see the Livingstone museum and eat lunch. Other activities we did was the Boma dinner, I highly recommend this if you have a significant other with you or kids. It was fun and enjoyable with music and dancing while dining. We also did a game drive in the Zambezi National Park seeing elephants, Impala, warthog, cape Buffalo, hippos, and lots of bird life. The big trees in the part are something to see too. We enjoyed a morning cruise on the river and saw a ton of hippo and Crocs.
Dining in Victoria falls is very nice. I highly recommend 3 monkeys, Lookout Cafe, and Baines. 3 monkeys is located in town while the other two have great views of the river. With lookout cafe having zip lines all around it. I only wish we could of went to Chobe in Botswana because the wildlife is plentiful there.
Definitely consider making a stop here on your next trip over. I didn't use any travel agents I just diy the whole trip. Tickets on fastjet from Johannasburg are very reasonable. If anyone wants a good taxi driver I can give you Mr. Clifford number. He even took me to the wood crafters workshop so I could see them making things and get crafts. I'm a woodworking teacher and that was cool to see them working.
The only downside to Victoria falls is all the people trying to sell you stuff. But you just have to be firm and say no and they will leave you alone. I normally fill my pockets with food or candy while walking I'll give it to kids and disabled people asking for donations.

IMG_20240714_120322850_HDR.jpg

Its nice to hear that you and your girlfriend had a good time in the falls. It can fit just about anybody's budget and age group.

I would give a lot to make one more trip to the three monkeys. I got either a get well message or video from their staff. My wife buys me a Tomahawk steak from the 3 Monkeys and then does it on the braaii at home. They now have the 2 story gin bar open with the same great food

I love it there. Have they gotten the street pan handling under control? We were there shortly after covid and it seemed worse than anywhere else I've ever been, we were told it was due to lack of enforcement officers....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorene69L8

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]