AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
I bought in a bar of Cu mai to try and made these to knives from it. The 5 layer Cu mai bar has a central core of 1084 with a layer of copper and clad with 1020 which gives it this rather nice visual effect while still having the good 1084 edge steel. Blades are FC etched and coffee soaked for colour

First is a PH EDC with Amboyna burl over the curve back buffalo horn bolster on the cu mai blade in border stamped right hand sheath for US$390 plus shipping
IMG_20210319_161503.jpg

Wapiti hunter Butcher with Maple burl over the curve back buffalo horn bolster on the Cu mai blade in a border stamped right hand sheath for US$390 plus shipping

IMG_20210319_161555.jpg

I'll take the PH Amboyna. Will P.M. with payment and shipping details. Thanks!

I bought in a bar of Cu mai to try and made these to knives from it. The 5 layer Cu mai bar has a central core of 1084 with a layer of copper and clad with 1020 which gives it this rather nice visual effect while still having the good 1084 edge steel. Blades are FC etched and coffee soaked for colour

First is a PH EDC with Amboyna burl over the curve back buffalo horn bolster on the cu mai blade in border stamped right hand sheath for US$390 plus shipping
View attachment 393727

Wapiti hunter Butcher with Maple burl over the curve back buffalo horn bolster on the Cu mai blade in a border stamped right hand sheath for US$390 plus shipping

View attachment 393728

Very nice...just out of interest what are the blade lengths?

The Wapiti Hunter Butcher has a bade ength of 5 1/4 inches.
The PH EDC (soid) has bade iength of 4 1/4 inches

Appreciate the kind words Bob but I bought in these bars of ready made Cu mai.
@Von Gruff
You may have bought the metal but you didn't buy the end result. That was a result of good quality craftsmanship on your part. There's no need to be humble your work us brilliant and the feedback you get is always good. I have never read a report saying Gary's knives are crap.
That goes to show you do good work mate.
Bob

Why do you hate me?!

Those are really exquisite. Congratulations to the new owners!
I believe I have the Von Gruff knife addiction
You aren't the only one....

this is the last pair of zebrawood scales I have and they are 10mm thick rough sawn so would have to have a liner under them but that would enhance the visual with the right liner on the right blade
IMG_20210326_155124.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeaSkemp0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]