Trophy Rooms… lets see some ideas

This is our 2 car garage closed in. We have hardwood floors and a chair rail that my wife and I did ourselves. I wish I had 9 or 10 foot walls to go along with the vaulted ceiling’s. One day I’m going to put some type of wood on the ceiling and improve the lighting.
I really like your waterfowl mounts.

About 35 years ago I built a 30'x35' Trophy room addition on my house. Back then I never thought that it would be too small. I have great views from my house and I put too many windows in it. Now I have filled that room and also my living room.

mkjDeWZl.jpg
mrHSihkl.jpg
OBIPoivl.jpg
UcXgGFxl.jpg
yxJ9Etsl.jpg
Zz7UzaMl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I encourage you to do is have 12 to 14 foot high walls. I’ve got 13’ walls and if I did it again, they’d be 14’.

Im currently closing in the garage and vaulting the ceilings in the room. I would love to see what’s paint and flooring everyone picked. Planning plywood behind drywall. Ceiling will be 8’10 at lowest part. Will have lot of waterfowl and then all of our plains game from our past trip to SA,
I think a lot will depend on your desired end-state for the Trophy Room. Will the majority of your mounts be hides stretched on a form (shoulder mounts, etc) or Euro mounts? Full-sized? Dioramas? Rugs? What sort of "feel" are you envisioning? There is a big difference between the coziness of dark wood paneling and bookshelves vs. lighter colors and drywall. All of them have their place but which one is "right" depends chiefly on your desired outcome. There are plenty of examples of each in the "Taxidermy" and "Taxidermy Pictures" sub-forums on this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudiCass43

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe