Trophy Room Build after 45 years of hunting

Looking great!! I know you're very excited for the completion! And so are we!

Absolutely wonderful!! Is that a horned female nyala or a bull with a hormone problem?
My understanding is that this is a rare occurrence of a male Nyala with underdeveloped testicles, thus a lack of testosterone. This causes a lack of complete development to the appearance of a normal, mature bull.

Did you personally harvest all of these animals?
@Daisy I did harvest everything seen except the crocodile which my wife shot. She collected the old lizard in the Luangwa Valley many years ago. I opted to take a smaller croc to make boots from.

The full LDE mount is amazing
I took that bull in 2016 and knew I wanted to mount him lifesize. It just took 8 years to finally get everything together where he could be displayed properly. They are truly one of the most spectacular African species and I am honored to have hunted him.

There have been multiple taxidermists over the years. The oldest mount is the reddish blonde Catalina goat and that goes back to 1979. There are about six mounts done in South Africa and certainly did not meet my level of expectations when they arrived. For the newer mounts (last few years) I have used a couple of different taxidermists in the San Anronio area. Like anything else, technology has improved and better forms are available but it still takes a masterful artist to create a lifelike mount.

There have been multiple taxidermists over the years. The oldest mount is the reddish blonde Catalina goat and that goes back to 1979. There are about six mounts done in South Africa and certainly did not meet my level of expectations when they arrived. For the newer mounts (last few years) I have used a couple of different taxidermists in the San Anronio area. Like anything else, technology has improved and better forms are available but it still takes a masterful artist to create a lifelike mount.
Room is looking great! Thank you for sharing!

Absolutely stunning sir. Congratulations and well done.

We had an interesting occurrence yesterday. The tile man was working away when he saw a snake go across the floor and into the African habitat. The taxidermist and his helper were finally able to catch the snake after some time (a harmless Coachwhip) and release it
IMG_0029.jpeg
in the pasture.

I told the taxidermist that I really appreciate the effort he is putting in to make the scenes realistic but this was taking it a bit too far!

We speculate he came in through a hole around air conditioning lines so promptly sealed those up to alleviate any future problems.

It is coming along very nicely.
Nice touch on the live snake :ROFLMAO:

We had an interesting occurrence yesterday. The tile man was working away when he saw a snake go across the floor and into the African habitat. The taxidermist and his helper were finally able to catch the snake after some time (a harmless Coachwhip) and release it View attachment 616805in the pasture.

I told the taxidermist that I really appreciate the effort he is putting in to make the scenes realistic but this was taking it a bit too far!

We speculate he came in through a hole around air conditioning lines so promptly sealed those up to alleviate any future problems.
at least it was a coachwhip that could have gotten really interesting! :ROFLMAO:

at least it was a coachwhip that could have gotten really interesting! :ROFLMAO:
For sure, we have our share of rattlesnakes. The mason killed one in their pile of flagstone a few weeks back. With all of the natural habitat scenes, I’ll be darn sure not to walk through there in the dark!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AubreyAche

Latest profile posts

matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.
JG26Irish_2 wrote on 9412765's profile.
RE: Interarms Whitworth 375HH f/sale f/$850. If still available, I will buy it. I am in KY can do a face to face deal. My e-mail is:

kent.warco.llc@gmail.com or PM me here. Cell is: 606-923-3162

Your 5 hrs f/me. You travel to OH w/work. If you can be at Cincinnati, OH that 1/2 way. I can travel most days but Friday afternoons are best. Let's set up a date/time/location to meet up.
thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.