AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
SA
Anyone have experience with these detachable sling swivels?
titan-swivel-black-e1425058033794.jpg

They finally arrived today. Optics Planet "delayed shipment" (= backorder?) three months in a row so I ordered them from Boyt Harness and the swivels were shipped same day.

I am pleasantly surprised. These are a simple but effective and doubtless very durable design. The swivels appear to be cast from titanium (hence the name) and coated dull black. They detach very easily. Simply push on the end of rod to pop it loose from internal stainless steel spring lock, then pull the knurled knob on other end. Push the knob to lock the rod onto swivel stud. As you can see, the metal swivel cannot touch wood if sling is attached, even if the swivel stud is screwed down flush to the stock. Uncle Mike's QD swivels must have spacer between stud and stock or the articulated swivel will scratch the stock, even if sling is attached. I think it would be a good idea to relock the Titan locking pins when sling is detached. Brass pins might hook on something in my pack. Locking pins fit very snuggly in Uncle Mike's swivel studs. Because the locking pins are brass, they won't rust. If they don't rust, they shouldn't squeak (yet another problem with Uncle Mike's).

The sling is made by a Polish guy and sold on eBay. Seems to be top grade leather and hardware. A little wider than I'd like but will see how it works out. I rolled the leather keeper straps so rivet is topside and won't scratch the stock. Not as pretty but whatever.
20240820_211516.jpg
20240820_212132.jpg
20240820_211729.jpg

Camera flash makes the sling leather look shiny. It's not. Slings can be ordered in black, chocolate, and burgundy. I don't trust dyes so went with natural.

Last edited:
eBay you say, back soon…

They finally arrived today. Optics Planet "delayed shipment" (= backorder?) three months in a row so I ordered them from Boyt Harness and the swivels were shipped same day.

I am pleasantly surprised. These are a simple but effective and doubtless very durable design. The swivels appear to be cast from titanium (hence the name) and coated dull black. They detach very easily. Simply push on the end of rod to pop it loose from internal stainless steel spring lock, then pull the knurled knob on other end. Push the knob to lock the rod onto swivel stud. As you can see, the metal swivel cannot touch wood if sling is attached, even if the swivel stud is screwed down flush to the stock. Uncle Mike's QD swivels must have spacer between stud and stock or the articulated swivel will scratch the stock, even if sling is attached. I think it would be a good idea to relock the Titan locking pins when sling is detached. Brass pins might hook on something in my pack. Locking pins fit very snuggly in Uncle Mike's swivel studs. Because the locking pins are brass, they won't rust. If they don't rust, they shouldn't squeak (yet another problem with Uncle Mike's).

The sling is made by a Polish guy and sold on eBay. Seems to be top grade leather and hardware. A little wider than I'd like but will see how it works out. I rolled the leather keeper straps so rivet is topside and won't scratch the stock. Not as pretty but whatever.
View attachment 628138View attachment 628141View attachment 628140
Camera flash makes the sling leather look shiny. It's not. Slings can be ordered in black, chocolate, and burgundy. I don't trust dyes so went with natural.
@Ontario Hunter - those swivels look Great and exactly like you described - appear durable & functional, I would definitely try those in the future….I like the “brass” too.
The leather sling also looks nice, wide straps so as not to cut into you shoulder when carrying. However, I’m not a fan of “leather” slings - odd because I really like other things “traditional” and love the look of a leather sling. I prefer some of the Neoprene slings and found they “cling” to my shoulder better (don’t slip off) and also “flex” a bit while walking which makes the rifle more pleasant to carry, and they seem “lighter”….just my take on things

@Ontario Hunter - those swivels look Great and exactly like you described - appear durable & functional, I would definitely try those in the future….I like the “brass” too.
The leather sling also looks nice, wide straps so as not to cut into you shoulder when carrying. However, I’m not a fan of “leather” slings - odd because I really like other things “traditional” and love the look of a leather sling. I prefer some of the Neoprene slings and found they “cling” to my shoulder better (don’t slip off) and also “flex” a bit while walking which makes the rifle more pleasant to carry, and they seem “lighter”….just my take on things
Neoprene slings soak up rain and snow like a sponge. I also didn't care for the "bounce." Decending rough rocky terrain I felt like my gun (or rather the gun I borrowed from my brother) was trying to jump off my shoulder. But at the end of the day it still filled the freezer.
1118180848.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tokiwart00th

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with