This Can't Be Real Right? 470 NE Merkel

I did speak with this seller back & forth for some time. I couldn't validate anything, but he was receptive to addl pics, etc.. good to talk with... idk?

He had a Krieghoff of interest that's now gone. This is a nice listing though!
@Backyardsniper

We-e-ell...

This one's got the same photos and he wants $22K for it. 1 active listing with 31 previous listings.

GunsInternational is in Pennsylvania, Gunbroker is in NC.

Aaand...

Here's the Gunbroker guy's Colt SAA: https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...olt-frontier-six-shooter.cfm?gun_id=101737077

And his Colt Python: https://www.gunsinternational.com/g.../colt-python-6-quot-blue.cfm?gun_id=101707910

I think we got ourselves a dirty rotten scammer, fellas!
Same gun. Same scammer.

Same gun. Same scammer.
Well if it's the same scammer that'd explain why he never got back to me about it...

The guys whose revolver ads got stolen were well annoyed, though.

The scammer is back on GB right now; he uses 24 hr auctions. Also, yesterday I saw these pictures on one of Canada`s largest firearms venues it was advertised at 3300 for the Sako-Rigby 416. How can we stop him. Wayne

The scammer is back on GB right now; he uses 24 hr auctions. Also, yesterday I saw these pictures on one of Canada`s largest firearms venues it was advertised at 3300 for the Sako-Rigby 416. How can we stop him. Wayne

Report both website listings to gunbroker.

Same gun. Same scammer.
Ok, if I understand, "This Listing on GI" has been placed on GB for $2K. obviously fraudulent.
Is this listing on GunsInternational a reputable seller as far as anyone knows? Again, he has a used K & is still attempting to contact me in the interest. He did take the time to take addl requested photos, negotiate, etc...

Extremely apprehensive against any online transaction, regardless of time spent networking in a personal sale. If anyone cares to dilute this in short, all advice appreciated.
Sincerely,

Ok, if I understand, "This Listing on GI" has been placed on GB for $2K. obviously fraudulent.
Is this listing on GunsInternational a reputable seller as far as anyone knows? Again, he has a used K & is still attempting to contact me in the interest. He did take the time to take addl requested photos, negotiate, etc...

Extremely apprehensive against any online transaction, regardless of time spent networking in a personal sale. If anyone cares to dilute this in short, all advice appreciated.
Sincerely,
Additional photos are a plus but I would speak with him on the phone. I know this can be photoshopped but a pic of the item on top of a recent newspaper could be another way to see if he is in possession.

Additional photos are a plus but I would speak with him on the phone. I know this can be photoshopped but a pic of the item on top of a recent newspaper could be another way to see if he is in possession.
Thank You, I did speak with him over the phone on a couple occasions, early this year. Ironically I just received a text yesterday to see if I'd found something else. Though the focus was his Krieghoff, he did brief me on this Merkel for what its worth. I was just under the impression someone lifted his pics & hijacked GB ...
ron.jpg

Sincerely,

Another thing to watch out for which I'm not sure is done for this purpose or not is people making a fake add just a day or two after a gun you have been watching or bidding on ends. I got really excited to see a Mannlicher Schoenauer pop back up after a couple days and thought to myself that the buyer must have backed out. I saw that the bidding was again down to the original starting point and that I had another chance at it. Then I realized that it was a different seller with zero or maybe one feedback rating. It was the same pictures and description. I really dislike shady people.

Caveat Emptor and if it is a really high priced gun, consider a $300 plane ticket to check it out in person.

One reason they are bold about it. If a scam is pressed long enough won't it start to seem like it is not a scam?
Too good to be true usually is.
If I die be sure to check my wife's garage sale as to her a gun is a gun is a gun and all are worth the price of a good broom or mop. It would just save her the trouble of moving heavy stuff out of the rooms I use.
Anyone use a DG DR as a stake to tie up tomato plants? :)

I'll give her $6 for a double .450 NE tomato stake without even you having to die first!

Sincerely,
If you are just trying to find out if he has it in his possession, you could request something specific in the photo. Something that would be difficult to photoshop in.

If you are just trying to find out if he has it in his possession, you could request something specific in the photo. Something that would be difficult to photoshop in.
He really did quite a bit of legwork trying to accommodate his K Listing.
I don't know if I can use the sellers name, but it's listed anyway "Readyronnie"
Provided the serial # to correspond with Krieghoff, year built, upgrades, final cost, etc. I was concerned the way the rail mount was fixed & closeups were provided respectively there, etc. The stock seemed to have a significant pitch imo, from every angle, assuming built to the individual.

Again, spoke with him & great to talk with on a few occasions & he kept in touch, seldom through the year to see if I'd found one in the interim, still willing to negotiate, offset the shipping, etc. For whatever Its' worth. ?

What I don't understand & "I see this often", I'll do a general search for a particular firearm & find the same exact one listed as "Sold" from years ago on GunsAmerica. The Picture above from 2013 "GunsAmerica/Sold" is the same Krieghoff he had or may still have on GI. James Wayne's listings are similar. Though theirs a handful of Merkel's he has on GI, I've found the same firearms "Sold on GunsAmerica"?? Possibly left GA due to their cost. ? idk.
2013 GunsAmerica Pic. above.
This years, requested addl pic
drop.jpg

He really did quite a bit of legwork trying to accommodate his K Listing.
I don't know if I can use the sellers name, but it's listed anyway "Readyronnie"
Provided the serial # to correspond with Krieghoff, year built, upgrades, final cost, etc. I was concerned the way the rail mount was fixed & closeups were provided respectively there, etc. The stock seemed to have a significant pitch imo, from every angle, assuming built to the individual.

Again, spoke with him & great to talk with on a few occasions & he kept in touch, seldom through the year to see if I'd found one in the interim, still willing to negotiate, offset the shipping, etc. For whatever Its' worth. ?

What I don't understand & "I see this often", I'll do a general search for a particular firearm & find the same exact one listed as "Sold" from years ago on GunsAmerica. The Picture above from 2013 "GunsAmerica/Sold" is the same Krieghoff he had or may still have on GI. James Wayne's listings are similar. Though theirs a handful of Merkel's he has on GI, I've found the same firearms "Sold on GunsAmerica"?? Possibly left GA due to their cost. ? idk.
2013 GunsAmerica Pic. above.
This years, requested addl picView attachment 429564
When I was scouting Cabela's for a 500 NE DR I kept finding their postings but getting no response when I would inquire using the ID number. I finally figured out these were cached on servers somewhere long after they were sold and removed from Cabela's inventory.
This could be happening with some of GB & GI listings.
Same pix with a different seller still hints of scammer.

Good advice for pictures on sale pages ,look into getting a watermark for the pictures,that will make it difficult for others to use them.

(A friend got watermarks for her business photos after a former colleague or boss took her photos for other business things without bothering to pay for them)

GB is a hotbed for scammers. I would rather miss out on the deal of a lifetime than be taken for thousands.

Anyways, I have always envisioned myself checking out a multi thousand dollar double in person before purchasing.
only a hotbed for scammers if you dont use the common sense god gave us! LOL! Ive got almost 500 deals done buy/sell without a single issue! Anybody with zero or low feedback has to prove themselves one way or the other. Be willing to add some security like ship gun first to dealer and then receive payment or take credit card pmt for protection, etc. Anyway, always a knucklehead or two around but GB is 99.99% solid...as long as you pay attention that is.

GB has been sold and no longer owned by the original folks, who I was fortunate to meet here in Atlanta. To your point, of late there have been a great many guns of value with low prices, almost all without feedback. I am seeing these in the Krieghoff O/U sales. I have passed up several amazing deals. when I see them my brain says "Too good to be true" "A fool and his money are soon to part" "Buyer Beware"!
Why these are not investigated, I don't know? Each does contain a GB generated comment to the affect

"Have you seen this exact same item for sale on another listing web site? Duplicate listings for unique items are generally not allowed and may even be fraudulent. You can discreetly report this listing as a suspected duplicate or fraudulent listing".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.21 AM.png
    819.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.23 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.33 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.28.34 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Another caveat on GB is bidders with NR that bid after your bid. Gunshops are known to shill bid their own listings (Don't ask me how I know). I'll bid on an item I want but as soon as I see a bidder with no rating (NR) bidding after me, I'm done bidding. There isn't one firearm I need. YMMV.

I'll personally vouch for "Readyronnie" out of PA to this community as he's a stand up guy! If someone lifts his pictures, he can't help that. For what it's worth, that's my two cents... And I've held both his Krieghoff and that beautiful Merkel he has for sale. Didn't have the spare coin at the time or I'd be the pround owner of one if not both of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlenaDorri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.