This Can't Be Real Right? 470 NE Merkel

He does not need a reserve if he is watching the auction. If the bidding is below what he wants for it, he can just buy it himself with another screen name. Happens all the time.....
Problem with that is he will have to pay listing fee or commission to GB for the sell. Best to set reserve, if it’s not met it cost him nothing. Definitely a scam, that’s not your average Merkel!

Yep, looks like a scam to me. A month or so ago, I reported a similar flim-flam to GB. Guy had multiple firearms for sale and one was on a forum I frequent. Every one was a scam.

i live in atlanta and have flight benefits on Delta. just for fun i sent this “seller” a message that i am going to bid and if i win i will go pick up the gun face to face. im sure he will have an excuse why he cant complete the transaction like that. a couple years ago i saw another 470 double for sale out of north carolina. i sent the seller a couple messages that i would pick up face to face but he said that he couldnt because of something with his brother, but to trust him because he was a church-going man. i then sent him the link to the same gun with the same pics for sale on GI. total scammer. lol

Last edited:
The guy with the Python hit the BUYNOW so no one else would be scammed for it, and then he posted a F feedback and called the guy a thief, and yet his other listings are still there!

GB aint doing its job very well these days.

One can submit a "suspicious listing" ticket to GB.

The Colt he has for sale on gunbroker is another suspicious listing. Same exact gun & photos here:

gunbroker listing says NC, Gunsinternational says Arkansas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 6.01.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 6.01.50 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 6.01.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 6.01.51 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 6.01.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 6.01.52 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
The guy with the Python hit the BUYNOW so no one else would be scammed for it, and then he posted a F feedback and called the guy a thief, and yet his other listings are still there!

Lol he emailed me about that, yeah.

The gentleman selling the Merkel hasn't responded yet but the gent with the Colt SAA is working on it, @Hogpatrol . He certainly sounded miffed when I showed him the listing lol.

I pinged the guy selling the pistol on gunsinternational that it was also for sale on gunbroker. Hopefully, the perp will get banned before anyone sends money.

Looks like someone hit the BIN on the Merkel. Hopefully Gunbroker pays attention and shuts it down before money is sent

Buy Now was not used, auction closed at well below the BIN price.

You are right on the BIN not being used. I glanced at it and saw it incorrectly.

If one of you knows the North TX Outfitter that won, you might shoot them a note to make them aware of this.

I agree, they are very slow to deal with issues like this. At least in my experience.

I was onto this guy on GB listing a SAKO/Rigby 416 NIB for $2100; along with a few others below average price. The kicker they were all with different floors and backgrounds; and the array of guns did not seem right. They are all ended now; 24hr sales, but ended early.

You are right on the BIN not being used. I glanced at it and saw it incorrectly.

If one of you knows the North TX Outfitter that won, you might shoot them a note to make them aware of this.
Done but haven't heard back.

He's the guy who just sold the Sabatti .470 here.

GB is a hotbed for scammers. I would rather miss out on the deal of a lifetime than be taken for thousands.

Anyways, I have always envisioned myself checking out a multi thousand dollar double in person before purchasing.
Regarding GB & potential threats .. That's good to know, thank you.

@Backyardsniper

We-e-ell...

This one's got the same photos and he wants $22K for it. 1 active listing with 31 previous listings.

GunsInternational is in Pennsylvania, Gunbroker is in NC.

Aaand...

Here's the Gunbroker guy's Colt SAA: https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...olt-frontier-six-shooter.cfm?gun_id=101737077

And his Colt Python: https://www.gunsinternational.com/g.../colt-python-6-quot-blue.cfm?gun_id=101707910

I think we got ourselves a dirty rotten scammer, fellas!
I did speak with this seller back & forth for some time. I couldn't validate anything, but he was receptive to addl pics, etc.. good to talk with... idk?

He had a Krieghoff of interest that's now gone. This is a nice listing though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlenaDorri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.