The start of dakotas lioness mount

Bill, I want it all as well but I chose to hunt a lioness based off the possibility of an import ban. If you want one I would focus on that first before the others.

I hear you dave and if the ban happens it happens. I want my son to hunt a roan next. I think he must be drugging me with something to let him do all the hunting. He still does not understand how I have fun watching him hunt.

Bill maybe you should just trade in your bow and rifle for a video camera? I would love to see video of Dakota hunting. In some ways I'll bet filming is more challenging than the shooting.

I do need to get a new video camera and do some video of his hunts. Always get caught up in the hunt and never remember to do it.
I cant give it up all together but seem to do less the more he does. The good thing is I am having more fun then ever hunting with Dakota.

Make the PH or tracker wear a GoPro and back them up with a nice DSLR with video. Edit the footage together and there ya go!

I do need to get a new video camera and do some video of his hunts. Always get caught up in the hunt and never remember to do it.
I cant give it up all together but seem to do less the more he does. The good thing is I am having more fun then ever hunting with Dakota.

or just end up like me on solo predator calling and bring the camera, set up, then when a coyote comes in, I completely forget im filming.. haha.

The pictures keep getting better and better!

or just end up like me on solo predator calling and bring the camera, set up, then when a coyote comes in, I completely forget im filming.. haha.

That's my problem I get to into the hunt I forget to film. I must start though as we have some good hunt coming up.

aaron I think the same thing the pictures are just better each one they send me. The plains game stuff will start to come in also so you ill get to see more of them also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now for all you guys who do taxidermy I need some help. I am doing my own base and habitat. I am wanting to do something like the picture of the lioness that it the mount started with. Going to use sand as the main base but want the grass like what is in the picture just not as much. Anyone know a good place to find that kind of grass from a supplier.

Thanks Billc

Thanks bob.

Anyone have an idea on which grass would be the best match or some grass that you may have worked with and thought looked better then the rest

Last edited:
Bill you have really peaked my curiosity. I thought about making my own base for my lioness as well as a rock pedestal for my sable. Let me know how it goes for you.

Bill,
This is a great thread and Dakotas Lioness is amazing! If I wasn't booked on my first safari in September, I would be going for a lioness. I have been trying to figure out how to add days and shuffle a few things around to make it work. This thread is not helping the problem!
Mike

Warbird I will let you know how it all goes. I build all my own ped. bases now anyway so thought I would try doing some more. Does not pay to have bases done in SA and pay for all the extra weight.

Mike I am glad you have enjoyed the thread so far. If you get your plans changed around some I do believe Pieter has a few lioness for the season yet and has some open time in sept. We would love to have you hunt with paw print for a lioness if you need a place. That is the best I can do to help with the hunting problem I have helped cause. LOL

^^^^^I respect that beyond belief Bill! Dakota is a lucky young man to have a father like you. I am lucky as my daughter is only 9 and not ready for the big critters yet so I have time to fill my wish list. Soon she will be and I am all about letting her fill her trophy list (last time I asked what animals she wants the trophy fees added up to about 20K).
hahaha!! so true! my boy is ten now and he wants to already hunt hippo! haha. I tell him he will have to be big enough to handle a bigger rifle first! hopefully when he is 15 or so he will want to come with me to experience Africa!

Bill, I want it all as well but I chose to hunt a lioness based off the possibility of an import ban. If you want one I would focus on that first before the others.

that's true! though, they did deny that ban!... for now.

I took my lioness back in September of 2013 and it was also because of the import ban possibility that I went ahead and added the lioness hunt to my already existing hunt. a male lion next time!

Bill,
This is a great thread and Dakotas Lioness is amazing! If I wasn't booked on my first safari in September, I would be going for a lioness. I have been trying to figure out how to add days and shuffle a few things around to make it work. This thread is not helping the problem!
Mike

so true, this site makes it easy to pick up hunts! shuffling around can be done, and it will probably cost you more, but in my opinion, its always worth it! cause in the end, we can always make more money! good luck in September!

so true, this site makes it easy to pick up hunts! shuffling around can be done, and it will probably cost you more, but in my opinion, its always worth it! cause in the end, we can always make more money! good luck in September!
Sooooooo true, I'm already trying to make it happen, so we'll see. I'm 100% sure it would be worth the extra cash and possible logistical nightmare.

Sooooooo true, I'm already trying to make it happen, so we'll see. I'm 100% sure it would be worth the extra cash and possible logistical nightmare.

yes!! haha. be prepared to be on the phone for some time!

yes!! haha. be prepared to be on the phone for some time!
Your killing me, but not like the wife will if she finds out!:eek: If this happens, it'll be our little secret here on AH.:)

Your killing me, but not like the wife will if she finds out!:eek: If this happens, it'll be our little secret here on AH.:)

I will keep your little secret between us ah guys. I sent pm and hope you like what I got for pricing. I think it would be worth the time and effort to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LenardHave

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt