The start of dakotas lioness mount

The next group of pictures.

IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0363.jpg

Paul is thinking they have a few more days on the form and then they will start mounting the skin sometime next week. I think it is moving along nicely.

That is so cool. It's amazing how they sculpt those forms. truly a work of art.

I love the weight distribution on the legs. very well done.

I love the weight distribution on the legs. very well done.

I think they nailed the pose perfectly myself.

I am not sure about if that guy still works there or not but I do know he made must of there forms. I think relive is the upcoming shop in SA for sure. Goes to show being new in business is not always a bad thing at all.

Last edited:
Man the more I look at it the more I see that I like. Like what was said already the weight transfer on the legs. The one shoulder raised higher then the other and the paw turned . It is just amazing how they work that form into this pose.

This is a very cool pose! I am still undecided on the one I will use.

Man the more I look at it the more I see that I like. Like what was said already the weight transfer on the legs. The one shoulder raised higher then the other and the paw turned . It is just amazing how they work that form into this pose.

I agree, I was cut short of time on my last post. The bearing of weight and strain is more than just putting the animal, head legs etc, in the right position. It is stretching and bunching the right muscles the right amount. What you see as a lift of the shoulder I see as a drop of the chest, if he was standing head high the chest would need to be lifted between the shoulder blades, similar to a horse moving into collection, these things are the difference between a mount that has a high or low head and a mount that "looks the part". the mechanics of the body can tell a detailed story, even if you don't know you are reading it the story is clear if done right.

Too many taxidermists simply raise or lift the head, swing legs forward or back, with no thought to the rest of the body when altering a form. Some go so far as to simply mount a form that was sculpted on a level surface and place it on a base at an angle, the lack of balance is painfully obvious and even if a person cannot put their finger on why they like one mount better than another, this is often the reason.

Another common mistake is the Arnold Schwartzeneger effect. Heavily accenting every single muscle at the same time like a roid raged freak. No animal walks around with that much tension. Softness of some muscles and varying degrees of tension in others is natural and those who truly understand the mechanics of the body consistently produce amazing work.

Well I got a few more pic's today. I thought I would show them all again from the beginning so people don't need to start at the first post to see them all. I am at this point beyond happy with how it is all coming together.

4194581310_6db7e302c2.jpg
Lioness_Form.jpg
IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg

I just thought of something Bill. I will probably get to see the work in progress as I plan on going to see Paul while I'm at Loodt's.

That will be cool. :)

Maybe we can all go together, if you can wait until we are there? I'd love to get Kathy in the mood to spend money on taxidermy!

You guys will enjoy going there. Paul is a great guy and his shop has lot to look at on the walls.

Just don't blame me if you two end up wanting to hunt a lioness after seeing the mount. I can see you both throwing me under the bus to your wives so you can hunt one. LOL

You guys will enjoy going there. Paul is a great guy and his shop has lot to look at on the walls.

Just don't blame me if you two end up wanting to hunt a lioness after seeing the mount. I can see you both throwing me under the bus to your wives so you can hunt one. LOL

If it would help me get another hunt, I have no problem throwing you under the bus or over the cliff! ;)

If it would help me get another hunt, I have no problem throwing you under the bus or over the cliff! ;)

An outfitter may read this and offer you a free hunt!!!! :A Banana Sad:

Hold out for a buff.

Oh wow real nice guys. All outfitters love me royal so no way.LOL

A guy loads hundreds of dollars worth of ammo for you and you think nice guy. Then for one extra hunt over the cliff I go.

Oh wow real nice guys. All outfitters love me royal so no way.LOL

A guy loads hundreds of dollars worth of ammo for you and you think nice guy. Then for one extra hunt over the cliff I go.

I figure Chris ought to be calling me any minute! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeeRegala

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt