The Last Of The English Side By Sides

Thank you everybody for your kind appreciation.

@PerH & @PCC600

Your Lloyd & Sons and William Powell shotguns were built on Webley & Scott Model 400 actions, as denoted by the presence of third bites. These were built from 1905-1946 and were the predecessors to the Model 700. In my opinion, the Model 400 was a stronger action than the Model 700.

Thank you everybody for your kind appreciation.

@PerH & @PCC600

Your Lloyd & Sons and William Powell shotguns were built on Webley & Scott Model 400 actions, as denoted by the presence of third bites. These were built from 1905-1946 and were the predecessors to the Model 700. In my opinion, the Model 400 was a stronger action than the Model 700.
Thank you HH . These Model 400 actions are very neatly done and undoubtedly strong .

I don’t mean to threadjack with an infomercial, but all these Webleys and none with the correct case? There is a vintage webley case I listed in the classifieds with the period correct label. :)

Thank you Hunter for your addition on these 700 series W&S. I came across them some years ago as my entry into affordable English SxS at the time. There was little information in the public domain but I was able to find enough to know I wanted one of the last of the old style, English, hand made, boxlocks.

I came across this one, almost as new with original mint case, original oiler, brushes, patches, snap caps, etc. I’d be surprised if this shotgun has seen a full box of shells in its lifetime. Serial dates to late 70s Birmingham. One of the last true Abercrombie & Fitch imports. Was transferred to Oshmans when they bought the name and a gentleman in Houston bought and held this for ~40 years before I became the new caretaker. Still looking for a good quail hunt behind my GSP with this one…

IMG_7279.jpeg
IMG_7276.jpeg
IMG_7277.jpeg
IMG_7280.jpeg
IMG_7281.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Lloyd&Son ejector model built on a Webley action . Haven’t had it to refurbish yet so haven’t tried it . Need forestock work a splinter is loose there , as well and maybe open up to 12-70 chamber since the ammo situation here make it easier than 12-65 .

It was part of a pair since marked 1 on some places , its trunk case don’t have a label sadly .

View attachment 622056View attachment 622057View attachment 622058View attachment 622059View attachment 622060View attachment 622061
A best quality boxlock if ever I saw one with the screw grip third fastener . A terrific original gun .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiasportsk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!