The .375 Holland & Holland Flanged Magnum

Here are some pics of my 375 H&H flanged magnum . The original and the best . Made in 1929 . As with most double rifles in early 20th Century it went to India and was sold through Manton & Co . Has all the contemporary Royal features - bolstered action and hand detachable locks . Happily shoots 300grain RNSN pills at 2500 fps . Deadly on water buff . I just use the great original express sights . Ideally I can hit the buff on the nose with the barrels before I shoot - but typically 50-70 metres range . Just a truly fabulous little used rifle . The sound of it closing is a very reassuring clunk .

IMG_1756.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg
IMG_1645.jpeg
IMG_1646.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bringing this old thread back to life to see if anyone else has taken a buffalo or even an elephant with the 375 Flanged Magnum?
Yes I have . Water buff in Northern Territory Australia . Used a H&H Royal in 375 flanged magnum . Shot 2 - same process for both . Got down wind , kept quiet and used trees to get in close . Used tree as a rest . 300 grain bullet into heart lung - buff skipped up in air and got the left barrel into the same area and dropped . I reloaded , walked about 50 to 70 metres and found dead buff . Can’t complain about the rifle or ammo performance .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoesphWargo

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!