Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I am planning to attend the TTHA event in Dallas in January. This will be a new event and the biggest of its kind.
If there is enough interest maybe we could organize a AH Get Together. Hope to see you there!

1721220754942.jpeg

I'll be there(me +2) Friday/Saturday and would be interested in a dinner/get together.

I’m planning on attending. I hope that a lot of international outfitters show up to this event.

We're definitely planning on hosting a party that week like we have done the last 2 years during DSC when its been in Dallas in January.. as we get a little closer to the event we'll put out a date, time, location, etc.. we had more than 60 people attend last year.. I think everyone had a very nice time...

Bos en Dal will have a booth at TTHA.. as will my wife (Candles for Conservation.. and also helping promote Anet Kruger's South African artwork).. and a good buddy of mine that does really nice leather work and does custom knives out of Montana will have a booth there as well..

I think TTHA will be a really nice event in 2025..

If we could put together an AH function (dinner at Gilleys like has been done during DSC.. or anything else).. I can think of at least 10 people we would bring as part of our party/group...

I'll make the first one to see if it's an African light kinda show.

Will be there all weekend. Plan on helping at the Bos en Dal Booth. I am in at Dave's also. Be game for an AH at Gilleys or somewhere also.

@mdwest ...How far is it from the convention center (or Gilley's ) to your neighborhood?

I'm attending the event and interested in a get together.

It will be quite interesting to see what Outfitters attend this event . My brother in law and I attened several of these shows in different locations over the years. Generally directed more towards hunting leases for Deer, Quail and Dove. Some Mexican Outfitters, a few Canadian and some from the lower 48 but very few if any African Outfitters. Also all the typical blinds, feeders, clothing etc. Most of the attendees were not looking for an African Hunt or felt they could not afford such. Seeing as DSC has moved to Atlanta??? It might be a good oppurtunity for African Outfiters to test the waters as I am sure many Texans who won't travel to DCS, might be a great support for TTHA. And at a lower cost than DSC. Guess we will see.

I have advised some PH friends in exactly this way! I hope some can join us. I feel like they would do very well and not be one of hundreds of options at the larger show.

I think it will be a big show and diversified. I have heard several African outfitters will have booths there, some doing DSC also. Splitting there manpower up
Also remember TTHA is still doing the Ft Worth Hunter Extravaganza in August.

Just my thoughts.

@mdwest ...How far is it from the convention center (or Gilley's ) to your neighborhood?

Depends on the time of day…

Outside of rush hour (4-630ish) you can make it in 35-40 minutes most days…

It’s a little bit of a haul.. but it’s an easy drive and pretty much a straight shot… you get on 75 heading north out of downtown… and get off in Allen less than 2 miles from my house…

Also remember TTHA is still doing the Ft Worth Hunter Extravaganza in August..

We’ll be at the Ft Worth show too… we’ve done it every year for the last 4…

If anyone is going to be in town for the August show let me know.. we’ll link up for a good steak somewhere close to the convention center…

I might be up for that steak dinner. What are the dates for the Aug show?

I might be up for that steak dinner. What are the dates for the Aug show?

August 9-11 at the Ft Worth convention center…

It’s a bit pricey.. but Tim Loves restaurant that serves wild game is in my opinion one of the best restaurants in the DFW metroplex..

The last time we went we took Gerrit from @Bos en Dal SAFARIS and his wife with with us… we ate until I thought we were all going to pop lol…

I could make something work that weekend...likely Sat. I've been wanting to try that restaurant. One of my clients supplies their food/beverage.

That's only 3 weeks away. Let me know if y'all want to make some plans...Mark and Dave.

That's only 3 weeks away. Let me know if y'all want to make some plans...Mark and Dave.

We’re headed to South Africa on Friday… will be back the following Sunday… so will be out of contact a little bit…

But I’m down for linking up on Saturday…

My primary deer/hog hunting partner (other than my wife) will probably be there with his wife as well… he lives over in McKinney…

If we can get a rough idea of how many people are interested we should be able to nail down a restaurant and see who has space for us, etc…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morrissvek

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?