Tell me about your Shadow

German Wirehaired Pointer for me, this one is currently 4 yrs old. This is my 3 rd GWP. Have had lots of dogs over the years. This one has been the hardest to calm down. She is good at her job though. Will indicate Deer on the hoof and will do a tidy job of tracking and stopping injured deer if required. Has not got a lot of self preservation tendencies.


IMG_5394.jpeg
IMG_5395.jpeg
IMG_5398.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
German Wirehaired Pointer for me, this one is currently 4 yrs old. This is my 3 rd GWP. Have had lots of dogs over the years. This one has been the hardest to calm down. She is good at her job though. Will indicate Deer on the hoof and will do a tidy job of tracking and stopping injured deer if required. Has not got a lot of self preservation tendencies.

This one has been the hardest to calm down. She is good at her job though. Will indicate Deer on the hoof and will do a tidy job of tracking and stopping injured deer if required. Has not got a lot of self preservation tendencies.

LOL. I can't fault her attitude or personality. As back in the day we, as in us daredevil youngsters, and later in service, had that attitude. We just declared, "No Guts, No Glory". Maybe that's how she looks at life.
 
My two boys Leroy Brown and the Duke. Duke is English Doberman and Leroy is a quarter Doberman, a quarter rott, and who knows what else. Leroy is great to take in the field good at treeing squirrels. But there jobs to protect the wife and kiddos when I'm gone.
20240707_162459.jpg
20240309_141833.jpg
20230704_184312.jpg
20210925_114557.jpg
20210807_151448.jpg

His first day in the field.
20210331_113204.jpg
 
Not "my" shadow per se, but Rhonda adopted me and she recognizes me enthusiastically from one Eastern Cape hunt to the next, even a few years apart, and even sneaks out of the PH bunkhouse at night to come sleep on my bed in my chalet.

DSC00645.JPG
 
IMG_0226.jpeg

This was my shadow, Jack, who passed away one year ago tomorrow (the 22nd). He was a lab/beagle rescue. He had a tremendous life and was 18 when we finally had to put him down. I was fortunate to share 16 1/2 half of those 18 years! Despite being a lab/beagle, he neither howled nor retrieved; however, he would flush grouse! I really miss that stinky breath bandit.
 
IMG_0226.jpeg
This was my shadow, Jack, who passed away one year ago tomorrow (the 22nd). He was a lab/beagle rescue. He had a tremendous life and was 18 when we finally had to put him down. I was fortunate to share 16 1/2 half of those 18 years! Despite being a lab/beagle, he neither howled nor retrieved; however, he would flush grouse! I really miss that stinky breath bandit.

That is a very special photo. Haunting and evocative. Thank you for sharing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,951
Members
169,470
Latest member
BrennaY190
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top