Taxidermy Recommendations - within 3 hours of Minneapolis/St. Paul

Bartbux

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Looking for high quality Africa work - price and timing are less important than great work. Who do you like and why?

Looking especially for someone with experience with eland.

Attachments

Same, we used Trails End out of St. Cloud. Haven't recived out mounts back yet so no grade. Hunt was July 2022.

Same, we used Trails End out of St. Cloud. Haven't recived out mounts back yet so no grade. Hunt was July 2022.
How long you have been waiting? And do you know the time frame for completion such work?

Taxidermy Unlimited in Burnsville (on Cliff Road) has a great reputation and you can stop by and see a lot of their work on African game in their showroom. I brought an Elk there last October and it is expected to be ready by this December.

Beautiful animals, I lived in LaCrescent back in the late 60’s. Haven’t been back sense. We need to get back up there for a visit Good luck on your quest.

Check with Mike Kahlert at Great Bear Taxidermy in Osakis MN.
He does African animals. I had a crate shipped to him.

Taxidermy Unlimited (Now "Gaston's Wildlife Art") In Burnsville MN. Great work and really excellent communication. Over the years for me they have done three bear skin rugs, a Muskie replica, and about a dozen whitetail deer antler mounts. Currently they have my Cape Buffalo, Baboon, Honey Badger, and Zebra taken last August in South Africa. Their shop is an interesting place to visit with an ever changing variety of taxidermists art on display in the front office. They are always willing to give you a tour of the operation to see what goes into the taxidermy process.

I had Mike Kahlert at Great Bear take my crate shipment and do all mine and my dad's animals. I was satisfied with his work, I was more than satisfied with his promptness to get them done for us. Just a few of the 10 he did for us (Sable, Eland, Giraffe, Impala, Springbok, Wildebeest, Nyala, Bush Buck, Red Hartebeest, Waterbuck).

20145.jpeg
20240120_191334.jpg
20240120_125111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamCog

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available