Jeffrey Masters

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Mexico, Lower 48, Alaska
Had a great hunt in Namibia this spring, and I am working to get my skins sent home. The taxidermist Trophaendienste, in Windhoek Namibia is asking for a copy of my passport to be able to send my items. I have talked to my outfitter who says this is normal. I feel confident in my outfitter, but I still wonder, 1. is this normal procedure. 2. is this neccesary. 3. is this safe? At some point in our travels throughout the country, my credit card and identity were compromised, and I had to freeze my credit and go through all kinds of hassle to prevent a lot of damage, I certainly don't want a repeat, or worse, of that event. Any thoughts, experiences, or guidance out there?

All I can offer is a similar data point: the same taxidermist asked the same from me in 2021-22.

Yes, I sent mine to Trophaendienste also. No problem

I also have a dedicated credit card that I use for these types of transactions.....

Also, if I recall correctly I paid the taxidermist by wire transfer, not credit card. I think wire transfer is a more secure method.

Also, if I recall correctly I paid the taxidermist by wire transfer, not credit card. I think wire transfer is a more secure method.
Yes I would pay through wire transfer also if I could but Trop wants a credit card (visa or master card)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcellaGa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]