Takeri Pics

Best wishes to Sid for many more!

Are you planning to turn that mullet into a ponytail? :unsure:

Sean Connery pulled one off for a couple of roles - but damn. :oops:

sean.jpg
 
Last edited:
Who is that incredibly ugly guy on the far right?

He looks familiar
Most likely he popped in to drink all the gin in camp and harass the locals.
 
Some darker photos....due to the drought and food shortages poaching all over is up big time....driving in with the above mentioned guys and gal one saw a sable just off road not long after coming through the gate. I stopped so they could have a look , but to me it wasn't right. I got out and walked around cruiser, now it was only about 20 feet off the road and it did nothing, so I threw a stick...nothing so threw a log and it got up and hobbled off. Snare around ankle. I scooted back to cruiser and said get your rifle out,but he had to get on back to get ammo out of case. His rifle was in soft case behind seats. I had my cz 500j same place but ammo was under my seat so grabbed and headed back to where sable was. It was starting to move away so I shot it....about 5 days later get told not far behind house another sable had a snare on it. Went out with the guys who had seen it and shot it with my 7x57....so 2 bulls down...then 2 days before leaving report of another bull with snare on it...we spent last 2 days trying to find it but no luck....then sods law on drive back manager phoned and said it had been seen in thicket near house...so will try sort out tomorrow when get back...so 3 sable bulls snared in bit over a week....I shit on the scouts and told them to go sweep whole river front , as we having problems with itinerant illegal fishermen, and the community also not happy with them....they found 11 snares in the thicket running down river just down from house....am waiting to get back to give them serious hard time as didn't have chance to get all scouts together....
20240830_135328.jpg
20240830_135309.jpg


2nd one...

20240904_170534.jpg

20240904_170549.jpg



Snares

20240906_120348.jpg
 
Sorry to see this, hopefully you can get it sorted out! Such a sad waste.
 
So sorry to see this. Hopefully, you can snare the poachers and can be brought to justice. Of course there was a croc that kept hanging out at the house.
 
What a mess. It appears that someone needs a serious lesson. Glad you got them instead of the poachers, but crap what a waste...
Bruce
 
Yep, the dark side of Africa, which most foreign hunters never see :cry:
 
Damn, are these ass holes targeting your sable? Or are they just unlucky?The suffering of these animals really hits home.
Hopefully you can get these yahoo’s sorted out, best of luck!
David
 
Damn, are these ass holes targeting your sable? Or are they just unlucky?The suffering of these animals really hits home.
Hopefully you can get these yahoo’s sorted out, best of luck!
David

After anything....but with some of the thickness of cable definitely some after bigger animals...so could be as probably know where they going to drink...a herd and couple groups of younger bulls in the area....
 
So sad to see. I hate snares. Hopefully your anti-poaching guys get the message after you have chance to speak to them all at once. I also really hope none are involved at passing on information to the poachers.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,552
Members
169,371
Latest member
BernardCos
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top