Takeri Pics

20220523_063825.jpg

Come here and get some practice next year..... :E Rofl:

Oh I get lots of practice. Here’s a pic from our front porch of one that’s going the way it’s supposed to!

Image1721821143.528379.jpg

A guy from here contacted me last year about doing a hunt...now I don't do meat hunts etc because the amount of money isn't worth the aggro....I told him this...he said we do a family hunt each year and it's mostly for the kids....I said OK let me have a think and I will get back to you....I thought OK let's do it for the kids to have a good time...so I phoned him and told him the pricing and he said great...so 2 families arrived with about 5 kids...was kinda chaos but good fun...the kids were excited and loved the place...and to see them when they took an animal made it worth it...we all had a good time....now bit after this trip I was chatting to Clinton and he said one of his sons had been injured in a fire and stomach and chest burned....he said we actually in the hospital now visiting him....from what I could piece together listening it had been pretty bad at one stage for the little guy...bit touch and go...I said OK tell him next year when he comes he can take a nice bushbuck to speed up his recovery....Clinton said just told him...and I got a voice message saying thank you uncle Mike I am better already :E Big Grin:....well took a bit longer with infection etc before has was let home....anyway they arrived yesterday as its a long weekend here....and he got his wish this morning....we had one very very happy excited little guy afterwards....long horn fraction over 16 inches....a real nice old big trophy...one shot from his 308...and first animal taken with this rifle...which is his...so nice way to christen it.... :A Thumbs Up:

IMG-20240803-WA0002.jpg

Great story and nice bushbuck. I can only advice to let the kids participate while on safari. My two older sons- this year 11 and 14- join me this October for the third time on an African safari. They hunted some plains game and we always asked for a .22 to shoot some guinea fowl and things like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KlaraMcMin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available