Swift A Frame .375

Rodlovetohunt

Reaction score
OK, I know me and everyone else is looking for Swift A Frame’s. I have an Africa hunt (Cape Buffalo this time around) coming up in June 2025 that I’d really like to use the A Frame .375 in a 300gr. I currently have Barnes TSX in 300gr to fall back on.
Any ideas? I’m a long time reader but new member. Been reloading for over 30 years. I may have something to trade..
Thanks for any help you can recommend.

Try Pendelton ammunition and also try Federal Ammunition and Extreme custom Ammunition. I got Woodleigh Hydroshock 300gr solid from Federal . Recently I got Swift 300gr A-Frame from Extreme Custom ammunition. From Pendleton Swift A-Fram 300gr

I have used A frames on buff - solid choice, but I wouldn’t hesitate to use a 300 TSX - that’s a stellar option
When A frames dried up, I switched to TSX in 375 and 416 with no regrets on buff, croc and PG of all sizes.

There’s a fella over on **NOT**PERMITTED** “Ohiofarmer” that has 375 woodleigh 300’s and tsx’s for sale in some numbers, no dog in this, both swifts & tsx’s work, the woodleighs I’ve no experience with but they have a good reputation

I just returned from a buffalo/sable hunt using a .375H&H. I used Federal 300 grain Hydroshock and Federal 300 grain with Swift A-frame bullets and was completely satisfied. I shot the Sable once using the Swift A-frame, it stumbled a few steps and fell dead. The Buffalo took four rounds to the heart and lungs before it died. The first three rounds were with the Swift A-frame, the fourth was the Hydroshock. The buffalo visibly jerked and shuttered when the Hydroshock hit and it went down right there. The PH told me after the fact that he has the Swift A-frame first with the follow up shot being the Hydroshock. Based on the buffalo's physical reaction from the Hydroshock, I could've saved two Swift A-frames.

The Hydroshock and NorthFork cup point solids seem to be very effective on first shots instead of only as follow-ups. My next buff will be shot first with the CPS.

Great information from everyone. I’ll do some calls on the NF. Thanks for the confidence on the TSX, makes me feel better. I shot 9 animals in Africa in 2023 from Kudu to Springbuck using the Swift Scirocco in a 300WSM 180gr. 1 shot on every animal, very satisfied with the bullet performance.
I should have clarified in the original post I was looking for Bullets only, .375 300gr.
I’m glad I finally joined the group, you guys are awesome.

A-frames for reloading are very hard to find unless you get them in loaded ammo...thus the comments on other bullet options. We wish they were available but the inconsistency in finding them has caused many of us to look at other options...TSX, NF, CEB, etc. Lots of good options today.

Not trying to be a smart aleck at all but if you already have the BarnesTSX’s, save yourself a lot of time and just go with them. They are a fantastic bullet for Buffalo and a lot of other DG and plains game.
I shot my Buffalo and Crocodile with them last year and could not have been happier with the performance.

Last edited:
I was able to secure 150 rounds of A Frames for my .375, in early spring from Midway. Then called Swift and was promised 10 boxes in June, just don't know what year. Just finished a work up today, and only used 25. I will shelve the load and look for some other bullets to use for '25.

Razorback- do you happen to have a pic of a recovered North Fork? I've used Swift A-frames successfully, but I'm ALWAYS looking for ammo/bullets other hunters prefer.

IMG_1069.jpeg
IMG_1070.jpeg

.375 300 grain. Left is NF PP recovered from a warthog shot center of head and recovered under skin on hip. Right is Aframe recovered from zebra shot behind shoulder and recovered from underneath opposite shoulder. The Aframe was loaded to 2450 fps abd the north fork was a little quicker at 2500 fps. Both shots were about 50-60 yds.

No ability to weigh here in Zim so unsure of retention. I will say of the other two zebra and a bull kudu shot with the Northfork PP I got complete pass through with about double caliber diameter exit hole even after breaking both shoulders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NevaRodway

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.